FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What is This All About?

Author Topic: What is This All About?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
What was this supposed to be? I'll admit it, I've got nothing better to do so I am digging through the abyss that is Barnes & Noble Search. I stumbled across this and didn't remember having heard anything about it.

Does anyone know anything?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
They probably incorrectly attributed the book to him.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
But the first one is Lies TO Live by, and the second one is Lies WE Live by, followed by a long subtitle, and having no connection to Card whatsoever.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Good point.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Aha! Still has nothing to do with Card, but it has the same title and release date.
Edit: But it's from a different publisher. Blast!!! [/Stewie impression]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
"It was going to be our Christmas project this year ... but alas, it became clear that it wasn't going to make it by Christmas time."

The book was to be a collection of OSC's "critical writings" -- I don't know if that means World Watch, Uncle/Brother Orson Reviews Everything, other writings, or some combination of all of them. But it didn't sound like it's still happening (as of an e-mail from OSC on 12/24, and no, I wasn't doing last-minute Christmas shopping).

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.