FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Unabridged Shadows in Flight?

Author Topic: Unabridged Shadows in Flight?
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Woke up excited to listen to Shadows in Flight from Audible, only to find just an abridged version. Did I just wake up too early?
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffg
Member # 12742

- posted      Profile for Jeffg           Edit/Delete Post 
I know - What the heck? Why even put out an abridged version? If you do, don't release it before the unabridged version. I almost bought it - luckily the one star review clued me in. Amazon has the unabridged version, but is not Audible owned by Amazon?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffg
Member # 12742

- posted      Profile for Jeffg           Edit/Delete Post 
"Note from Audible: This is the Unabridged Version"

Please note that this version of Shadows in Flight is in fact the unabridged version. The length is 6 hrs, 23 mins. We apologize for the confusion and are working to update the description to read "Unabridged". The change should take effect shortly. If you have already purchased this audio please know that it is the unabridged version. Many thanks,

Emily, Audible Editor

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disappointed Shadows In Flight isn't available as a NOOKbook. I don't live near a bookstore and was really hoping to read it immediately, but I just checked Barnes and Noble and the Nook format isn't available.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
I just checked Barnes and Noble and the Nook format isn't available.

from another thread:
From Orson Scott Card's Facebook page:

" There's no ebook for a year, but there'll be an "enhanced ebook" for Kindle and Nook within a couple of weeks, fully illustrated by Nick Greenwood (and deftly abridged by Jake Black.)."

I don't know why the enhanced e-book is abridged. that kinda sucks.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.