FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Rules that I shall abide by....

Author Topic: Rules that I shall abide by....
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
All of these rules have come from events that ended badly or ideas that I was ordered to never try. Feel free to add more...

1. I am to never ask any female other than Marry Ellis if they've taken their midol yet.

2. I shall never wear a dress again.

3. I will never again dump a girl because her roommate is hotter.

4. I will not burn down any more buildings without Momma K's prior approval.

5. I will not run through the hot coals of the above mentioned fire like i did last time.

6. I will not play fire ball with jack any more (it involved a gasoline soaked toilet paper roll and two "catching mits")

7. I will not let the fire "hug me" again.

8. I will never again sleep in a teepee with an open fire.

9. I will never suggest nude sleding again.

10. If I break the previous rule, I will not actually do it this time.

11. I will not ask Arron how big of a hole jacks head will make in anything.

12. I will not ask "how high do you think I'd fly if..." ever again

13. I will not try to impress people with my "skills"

14. Espeacailly skills that involve: fire, cars, ropes, guns, kinfes, cherry pickers, or any animals.

16. I will bring the same girl home that I took to the dance (unless other plans are made in advance).

17. I will not use Gasoline to "light the runway" while sleding.

18. I will not sell my soul twice in the same day.

19. If thinking about it gets me excted, then I should not try it.

20. I will never again have a drinking compition with a welsh man.

21. The cherry picker is not a repelling tower and I should not use it as one.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Remember:

quote:
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
[Evil Laugh]

And boy, did you actually DO all those things?! Wow... o_O

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
All except the last one, I got caught before I made my desent....
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh... At this rate you'll find something you actually won't be ABLE to do again... Just sayin'...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Hence rule 19

19. If thinking about it gets me excited, then I should not try it.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
This is all you can think of?

How about:

22. I will not spread rumors just for the fun of it.
23. If I do, they will not be about Kara's brother and force Kara to spend the next 3 years cleaning up after me.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
I will not, under any circumstances, have more than one shot of butterscotch schnapps a night.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
How are you not dead?

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He has friends he doesn't deserve who've bailed him out. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I will never again be the only person in my group that drinks tequila
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

quote:
How are you not dead?

Good question....

quote:
He has friends he doesn't deserve who've bailed him out.
Your right about one part, I do have freinds i don't deserve....
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
will not, under any circumstances, have more than one shot of butterscotch schnapps a night.
Such sacrilege!

Butterscotch schnapps should include at least TWO shots, on ice, sipped slowly with great respect.

*sighs happily in remembrance*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound a lot like my high school physics teacher who had the most amazing stories about applied physics. You can add to your list:

-Don't shoot an arrow straight into the air to see if it really comes down at the same speed it went up.
-Don't invent what will someday be called paragliding from a speeding truck with a blanket between your arms as a chute. (0h, and no tether, your buddies catch you as you pass from the cab to the tailgate).
-If you design a propeller driven pickup truck, use real propellers rather than nailed together lumber. (nails aren't strong enough to hold on propeller blades, one flies off and the motor vibrates the truck into the ground before anyone shut it off. In any case, don't use the car engine as your motor.)

And some practical knowledge from my father in law: When attaching a motor designed for 10 times the boat to your homemade boat, you need a lot of ballast or it will flip like a trained poodled.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
No no no no, butterscotch schnapps belongs in hot apple cidar. *yum*
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
13. I will not try to impress people with my "skills"
From what I've seen around here, you'd do well to cut out the last 3 words and add that to your credo.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Butterscotch schnapps, Bailey's Irish and Kahlua.

Yum.

Oh and "flip like a trained poodle." [Laugh]

-Trevor

Edit: For spelling.

[ April 18, 2005, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Can said skills pay the bills?

Oh, Futurama, how I love thee..

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's played fire lacrosse since he wrote this [Razz]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
9. I will never suggest nude sleding again
[Eek!] Had anyone told you the effects that cold temperatures have on a man???
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't take any dares involving frozen flag poles...

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.