FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spot Kat's Baby Brother! At the Bountiful library signing.

Author Topic: Spot Kat's Baby Brother! At the Bountiful library signing.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find the thread for the SLC signing, but I just talked to my baby brother and he said he'd stand in line for me. I think it would be very amusing for y'all to go up to him and say, oh, lots of wonderfully nice things about me. Or slightly pointed things, as long as they are funny. He'll nod and smile and maybe be amused - he's very easygoing.

But, you'll have to find him. You can tell it's him by the following:
  • He looks like me, only taller and much, much hairier.
  • He won't really be a part of what's going on.
  • He'll have a look of patient suffering on his face.

He'll be carrying a prize (probably chocolate) for the first person to come up and correctly identify him as Kat's baby brother. He is going along with this for the chance that no one will find him and he will get to keep the chocolate.

In case no one could tell, I'm sad I won't get to be there. [Frown]

[ August 15, 2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
This is really, really funny. I wish I would be there so I could play!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent. I'll cookie him.

*plots*

Hmm. Can I cheat and take a Pilk of my own?

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't there two SLC signings?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
That's part of the challenge.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That is such a cool game. Wish I could play.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
Can I cheat and take a Pilk of my own?
Oh, that's totally cheating! So, yes, but I think the Pilk you bring needs to be able to spot the Hatrackers. *grin*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a Salt Lake signing and a Bountiful signing.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
* He looks like me, only taller and much, much hairier.
* He'll have a look of patient suffering on his face.

So... he looks kinda like Jesus?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

The game is on!

Steven, my little brother, will be at the Bountiful library Wednesday with good chocolate (he promised) for whomever finds him first. He may or may not have a friend with him.

He wanted to know if there was a specific phrase he could look for (for instance, "Are you Kat's baby brother?" would work, but "Are you Katie's baby brother?" would not), but I said that the critical information here is brother. If someone asks him if he's anyone's baby brother, that means they win. He also promised to look friendly.

He allowed me to tell y'all that the last time he cut his hair, he was still on his mission in Mexico City. He came home in December. I don't know the status of facial hair - he works for my dad and goes to Weber, so really, it could be in any state right now. The "hairier" part of the description was no joke.

You're welcome to bring a ringer if you can find one willing.

[Smile]

*sniff* I wish I could go.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So, um, who found him?
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
cool. I'd just approach all hot boys.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Beverly found him first and got the chocolate. [Smile]
Steve had a fabulous time, and is looking at the schedule for more signings to go to.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah man, do they know how to treat a winner right. Godiva chocolate! Mmmmmm.

Awgone now.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.