FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Hatrack, I'm getting married and moving to Luxembourg

Author Topic: Dear Hatrack, I'm getting married and moving to Luxembourg
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

(okay, I'm still not sure if Eddie accepted my proposal or not. But I am moving to Lux).

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
That's so, so great! We need a new con in Eurpe (and yes, I say that because I missed the last one [Wink] )
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Luxcon 2006.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh !! My darling's parent is in Luxembourg ! I think i may visit you more often...

And i hope he will accept your nice proposal !
Said us the next !!

Choobak, really happy (all is beautiful in this world...)

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. [Smile]

I like the title - clear, direct, to the point, and somehow hilariously funny.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

(it's my rip-off from quid. It just wouldn't be the same without the "getting married" part [Razz] )
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You proposed to Frisco? I may have to challenge you to a duel. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Over a year ago, kq.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Do we call you a Luxemburger now?
Or is that too cheesy?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Or a buxemburger?

*groan, I truly am my father's daughter*

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Kama, you can rip off my thread title any time you want to. [Smile]

So, uh, is moving to Luxembourg contingent on acceptance of the proposal? As in, what order are things happening in?

And congrats on the moving to Luxembourg part. [Smile] That'd be a cool place to live.

So, uh, yeah, raising more questions than yer answerin', ain't'cha? [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
So, uh, yeah, raising more questions than yer answerin', ain't'cha?
I'm such a tease [Razz]

I will be working as a translator for the European Commission in Lux. I was actually applying for the job for a number of years now, but it only now got finalized.

[Smile]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
So you'll translate from Polish to...?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

from English to Polish.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Pff. Who speaks English that wants to speak Polish?

Grats Kama *high-five*

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* - yeah, I suppose the thread title went over the heads of many newbies who don't know about quid's thread...

So when do you actually make the big move?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Not sure. Mid-December, I think.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov! May you have nothing but naches in your new life. Enjoy the 'burg.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*unsure*

what's naches?

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds wonderful, Kama! Take lots of pictures and post them for us. And get married, too! It's fun! [Wink] As well as an added bonus. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz, Kama. You only had to wait, what, a year and 4 months? Heh. Well, congratz, and good luck.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Naches.

No, no, wait! Naches.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! You are going to have so much fun. Take care of dear Eddie for all of us. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
Take care of dear Eddie for all of us
Only if he cooks for me.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the job and the move. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Naches?

Guess not. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I'd like to have nothing but nachos in my life.

no, wait. I wouldn't.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

what's naches?

Some people believe that it is a tasty snack of crunchy tortilla chips topped with melted cheese.

These people are mistaken.

Naches is the joy that you get from life. The joy of fulfillment. It is not the happiness you get from eating a tasty snack of tortilla chips with melted cheese. Rather, it is the joy you get from seeing the children you have raised grow up to be good, considerate wonderful people who would make you a tasty snack of crunchy tortilla chips with melted cheese just because they love and honor their mother.

Sheesh! And you call yourself a translator!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you mean nachas

or, if you're Mexican,

¡nachas!.

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
So, do the people of Luxembourg think the existence of their country is as much of a joke as the outside world does?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Pff. Who speaks English that wants to speak Polish?

I'm betting that most of the guys who met Kama while she was here wish they spoke Polish. Thinking stuff like "if this is what Polish girls are like, I need to be able to hit on them". [Razz]

Seriously though, congrats on the moving, and the possible marriage.

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Kama do this a year ago? LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Luxembourg, nice!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they need a pampered bartender over there as well as a hot Polish chick? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
Didn't Kama do this a year ago?
I proposed to Eddie last August. He hasn't given me a definite reply yet. He did say he'd reconsider once I get the job. [Razz]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I come at the wedding? I've been to Anna's, might as well start a tradition: Corwin, the wedding-goer. [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

sure.
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama marrying Eddie????

I cannot stand for this. I shall not give up this easily.

I must prepare to fight Kama in a knife duel - winner to claim the prize that is Eddie!!!!

(ten bazillion hugs to Kama - you SO deserve this job) [Smile]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*licks Kama*
Congrats on your job! [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I was never licked by a gay man before. That's kinda hot.
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. Luxembourg is lovely! (I have friends / familly there).
Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.