FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Poptarts?

Author Topic: Poptarts?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it.

They neither pop, nor are they tart.

And they aren't marketed to either Pops or Tarts.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I don't know...just about anyone like that needs a quick breakfast on their way out the door now and again.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a tart, and her pop, and he was a bit of a tart as well, and he claimed to be fun at breakfast time, but that's kind of stretching the connection.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
well, when you put them in a toaster it pops when they are done. [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching some show about hurricanes recently and they said Wal-Mart has their own weather center to track bad weather so they know when and what to send. The most-sold item before a hurricane is beer and the most-sold item after a hurricane is Pop-Tarts. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
But why would you want poptarts if the electricity's down? Do people really eat them cold and raw?
*shudders*

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
People do eat them cold and raw. It's gross. Heck it's gross to eat them cooked (I'll eat the cinnamon sugar ones if at someone else's house).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I go hiking, Poptarts are the breakfast of champions. Once we tried to heat them up over the fire ... it didn't work. Cold and raw isn't that bad. I'm personally a big fan of the strawberry flavored ones. I can't stand the cinnamon ones. Too sweet for me.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they have transfat in them so I won't eat them.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You can toast poptarts without electricity, using (for instance) a candle flame or a gas burner on a stove (lit with a match).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Bella and Breyer: I *only* eat them cold and raw. I'm hardcore like that [Wink]
Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, they come precooked—not exactly raw. [Razz]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I like cold Poptarts. Perfect for when your toaster is kaput.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop tarts are possibly the most disgusting food that the American civilisation, if that is the word I want, has ever come up with. And I say this in the full knowledge that my own nation eats fish soaked in lye, and boiled sheep's head.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
The brown sugar poptarts are the only ones that are edible.

But I found a ball of dog hair in my toaster the first time I tried to use it, so that's a no-go.

The woman who used to live here had a long-haired dog that shed all over the place.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I once popped a tart in the face. It's more a suggestion than a brand name.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.