FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Secrets (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatrack Secrets
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure by now most of you have seen PostSecret and its imitations. It seems that sometimes it's good to get things off your chest, to be able to tell your secrets anonymously.

If you've been hoarding a secret that you want to confess anonymously and have posted publicly, send your secret to HatrackSecrets {at} gmail.com via an anonymous email service.

I will post them here. I will not post obvious joke secrets. Neither will I post secrets specifically geared to hurt another member of the forum. To protect the privacy of those who share, I will not posting these in the order I receive them. Instead, I will post them randomly at spurts during the day.

Also, if you feel anonymous enough already behind the internet, feel free to post your secrets directly to the thread.

Feel free to comment on the secrets, but please, keep it positive. It's hard enough to share secrets without worrying that people will judge you. Also, please don't work to guess the identity of the secret holders. That kind of defeats the whole point.

Imported from another forum.

[ April 21, 2006, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Celaeno ]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a crush on a Hatracker. Is it:

A) pH
B) TomDavidson
C) Celaeno
D) Beatrice

Oh, whoops! Now it's not a secret. Crap.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, lots of guys go for Tom.

I hear Icky has a thing for him too....

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait! TomDavidson is a guy? j/k
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you establishing guidelines regarding how profane and/or explicit the secrets can be?

I ask because PostSecret is pretty explicit.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
DANTE, YOU'RE LEAVING ME FOR CELEANO?!

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Now you can't bear my children anymore.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I have a crush on a Hatracker. Is it:

A) pH
B) TomDavidson
C) Celaeno
D) Beatrice

Oh, whoops! Now it's not a secret. Crap.

I've always been told to guess C, and by that method, your crush is me. Exciting. Too bad I've sworn off men. [Wink]

(I haven't really, but...you know how things go.)

Besides, I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave pH.

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Are you establishing guidelines regarding how profane and/or explicit the secrets can be?

You know, I didn't even think about that. I forgot that Hatrack's a milder community than most forums. Well, if it's a secret that you think is forum-appropriate, feel free to send it. I don't want to have to censor anyone. That's not my place. If something seems like it would be offense or explicit, I'll put a warning at the start of the post. Is that okay?
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:

I can't imagine anyone having a secret more explicit than the thing you said in the smoking thread. My ears are still ringing (or rather, my eyes).
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I feel that I would be severely, SEVERELY disappointed if my child was ugly, fat, stupid, or any combination of the three.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I don't think I'll ever fall in love, and I don't believe I deserve someone for that matter either.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
There are times when i feel like there is a filter between me and the world. Like, i don't feel like other people do. I see people in the heat of emotional stress, or at the peak of happiness... and to me, i can't think of very many times i've felt like that, when true emotions have shown through. It seems like when most everyone else can go to level 10 of whatever feeling, i can only go to level 6, or level 7. It's helpful, sure, i can remain level-headed in any situation. And i can empathize, i am unusually gifted in being able to see situations from all sides, but i'd give it all to feel like other's can. Because i'm levelheaded, I seem strong... but... I really just want to feel. There are times when all i want to do is cry, and i can't... and i hate myself at those times... because it would help so much, be so cathartic... and i can't cry. and i don't know why.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The image “http://www.anonemailer.com/” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
[Confused]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, I got the same message when I clicked on the link from Firefox. When I did it in Explorer, it worked fine--any chance that's what's going on w/ you? (and no, I wasn't one of the secret senders!)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Could be. I'm all Fiery and Foxy.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

Sorry about that bad link. It only doesn't work in firefox. Here's another.
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I'm LDS, single, and not a virgin.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Even though he took advantage of me, treated me like crap, and eventually left me for someone else...even though my life vastly improved the moment he was out of it...I still miss him sometimes.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I use scathing humor and sarcasm to veil insults and make people laugh, but the truth is, I really do hate almost everyone.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

In case you missed it, I edited the first post to clarify my posting procedures.
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
When I was a kid, in third grade, I guess it was, I thought it was neat to eavesdrop on phone conversations by listening in on the other extension. I knew I shouldn't do it, but I did it anyway. My aunt called and asked to speak to my mother. I called Mom to the phone, and then didn't hang up -- I listened in to hear what they were talking about. My aunt had called to give the sad news that my great-grandmother had died. I really loved my great-grandmother, but when my mother called the children in to tell us the news, I came into the room running and laughing so that she wouldn't suspect that I already knew the news from eavesdropping. I felt really guilty (and I still kind of do) not so much for the eavesdropping, because that is the kind of stuff that kids might naturally do, but for the inappropriate laughter right after finding out that great-grandma died.

And I never ever listened in on the other phone extension again.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I have trouble making real friends and I am sometimes painfully lonely, but I pretend it doesn't bother me.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I love my husband and my child but sometimes I want to get in the car and drive away for a break. I can't believe I'll never feel like I felt when we first met ever again. The butterflies have died.

Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
you know, this kinda is like the All American Rejects "Dirty little secrets" video.

not to make light of some of these, but there where some funny ones in that video.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
you know, this kinda is like the All American Rejects "Dirty little secrets" video.
I'm not sure if this is the video I'm thinking of, but if it is, it was based on PostSecret.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the video i'm talking about.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the butterflies confession...I like to think that the butterflies are just darn tired in the midst of being a mommy and a wife. They'll come back if I don't let them totally die of starvation. So I try to remember to do stuff to keep them alive. Set the table with the good china and candles for dinner, even if it was takeout. Injecting a little romance into my life. It's hard to remember to do, though.

I hope it's okay to respond to some of these secrets.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:

I imagine it is, as long as your response isn't along the lines of "Hahahaha wow, that sucks, and you suck, too!"

quote:
Here is the video i'm talking about.
Yep, that's the one based on PostSecret.
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
The image “http://www.anonemailer.com/” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
[Confused]
Thats a deep secret and burden to carry. Whoever's this is, you have my sympathy.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

quote:

I shot the sherrif.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When ever I see a post by OSC, I click on his name and view his most recent posts.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by jeniwren:

As long as the responses aren't meanspirited, I definitely encourage them.

Also, if anyone wants to anonymously respond to a post, you can send those via email too.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Sometimes I set my cellphone to "Vibrate" and then speed-dial myself.

Oh, come on, you've done it, too.

Haven't you?

Oh.

[Blushing]

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I claim to be an unflinching atheist, but I've been secretly cultivating a relationship with God.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
That's gotta be KOM
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
When I drink I break out into song. Lately it's been stuff from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
I definitely have a crush on pH.

Oh, also, a _huge_ crush on Celaeno.

[Blushing]

(But if pressed, I could probably guess your identity.)

pH
Member # 1350

I'm sorry, Celaeno, but I'm going to have to kill you now. You're competition.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You sure it's a guy?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

pH is an equal-opportunity object of desire. *waggles eyebrows*

-pH

Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by pH:
I'm sorry, Celaeno, but I'm going to have to kill you now. You're competition.

-pH

Oh, but the game's no fun without competition. You should let me stick around for at least a little while. [Smile]
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I use scathing humor and sarcasm to veil insults and make people laugh, but the truth is, I really do hate almost everyone.
Whoever this is, I like them all the more.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

el jt: it's PC

(This is like that game where we all wrote short stories and had to guess who wrote it!)

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else doubt this is real?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:

I can't *know* that </Mal Reynolds>
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Ever since I saw the Matrix.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
el jt: it's PC
That was actually my first thought, too.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Chris:
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Ever since I saw the Matrix.
I know what you're thinking:
"Why didn't I take the blue pill?"

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:
quote:
Originally posted by pH:

I can't *know* that </Mal Reynolds>
I could stand to hear a little bit more(/jayne)
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
(This is like that game where we all wrote short stories and had to guess who wrote it!)

Hey, Pixiest, I don't mean to stop your fun, but as I stated in my first post, the point isn't to guess which secrets belong to whom. I mean, guess all you want, but keep it to yourself. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable about sending in secrets.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.