FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wondering what to wear for the day, ladies? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wondering what to wear for the day, ladies?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Kitty ears and a cute kitty tail go with everything and will make you well nigh irresistable to men everywhere.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Not a lot of cat girls fans on the forum, eh?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend wears cat ears all the time. And purrs/meows.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[Smile]

I don't know why it's so fetching, but it is.

ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know Storm, I DID come into this thread. But I was just stupified. Really didn't know what to say. Except that I prefer to go out being resistable to men [Big Grin]
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do I get the feeling that I'd eventually be arrested?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
S*P's take on cat girls.

Also? Ick.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

What's the 'ick' in reference to?
Megan
Member # 5290

Cat girls!

Not a fan. But, to each his or her own, I suppose. [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*scratches head*

No, seriously. What's the 'ick' factor?

I mean, I get it that it might not be your thing, and let's be straight, I made this thread somewhat in jest, but is it really worthy of 'ick'?

I don't get it.

Megan
Member # 5290

Well, it's sort of the same reaction I have to playboy bunny outfits. I'm kinda repulsed by the idea that dressing up like an animal (regardless of the cuteness of that animal) makes a girl (cause, let's face it, it's nearly all young'uns doing it) attractive. But, as I said, whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, I withdraw my ick. Or rather, I'll keep my ick to myself from now on. [Big Grin]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Actually, the reason for me posting this thread is because a 40+ lady at my work dressed up in a cat girl thing yesterday and I found it quite fetching. I've seen other women wear costumes/cat outfits before. I am confused what 'young' has to do with anything.

I don't know why dressing up in one esoteric outfit is any different than the 'normal' wear women dress themselves in to look flattering in general.

There is this really weird, to me, desire that is almost obsession on this board that women have that men not be attracted to them for anything but their 'character'. I am guessing that this is kind of an offshoot of that. Or something.

I am just really floored that you of all people don't find aspects of fantasy and the use of imagination in some way provocative in a man.

Chicks are confrusing as hell to me.

I don't know. Your comment made me feel really pervy and self conscious, and I'm probably over-reacting. Sorry.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if those Playboy chicks really run around wearing bunny ears and a bunny tail and little else.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
In response to this:
quote:
There is this really weird, to me, desire that is almost obsession on this board that women have that men not be attracted to them for anything but their 'character'.
and this:
quote:
I prefer to go out being resistable to men
May I just state that I prefer to go out being just barely resistable to men.
[Smile]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

The traditional costume is a one piece with ears. I'm not clear on whether there is a bunny tail. I dont' think there is.

Quite honestly, I have never payed attention to Playboy.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Women want to be loved for their character, but know that the way to attract a man is showing off just enough to get our visual sexual attention [Smile]

At least, thats been my experience.

Its also been my experience that men are MUCH more visual sexual creatures, whereas women tend to orient much more strongly towards scent.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
No need to feel pervy, Stormy, there's certainly nothing wrong it. I can't help but find the cat look adorable too.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

May I just state that I prefer to go out being just barely resistable to men.

Cute, I like it. [Smile]

Megan, sorry for being all passive-aggressive on you with the last post. For some reason, your comment really did make me feel icky myself. I know you said it in light-hearted jest, and I fully concede I over-reacted, but nonetheless, it did make me feel icky for a moment when I read it.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

No need to feel pervy, Stormy, there's certainly nothing wrong it. I can't help but find the cat look adorable too.

Oh, good. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
There is a bunny tail. [Smile] It's not a bad looking costume.

--

You don't have to take the ick comment as meaning pervy and gross. I would say ick to a shirt or pair of boots that weren't my style or I considered ugly, without any judgement on people who liked them. To each their own.

Now, I can see wearing a pair of kitty ears on halloween, and I'd have no problem with that. Or to a costume party at a different time of year. Just wearing them randomly, for me, pushes the line of dressing specifically to pander to male tastes. I have no problem with men being attracted to the way I look, but for day-to-day wear I dress to please me, not random men. Unless I'm going to a costume party, I'm probably not going to be wearing kitty ears to please me. So to me wearing them, or a bunny outfit, is dressing specifically to get male attention. I think that's what Megan was objecting to. Makes sense? Or am I rambling? Whichever. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

ElJay just said everything I would've said, if I hadn't been distracted by work I have to do for tomorrow. I didn't mean to imply at all that you were pervy or gross, and I'm really sorry if it came across that way. Everyone has one (or a few) (or many) things that they like for whatever reason in members of the opposite sex, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, nor did I mean to imply that there was.

Mainly, I'm bemused by the girls that wear that sort of thing all the time, not just random women dressed in cat costumes for Halloween or some other costume party. I just don't understand why, unless it is (like ElJay said) pandering to male tastes. Meanwhile, I'm sure some of the cat girls have other reasons that I don't know about. It's just something that's utterly, completely foreign to me.

As far as this goes:
quote:

There is this really weird, to me, desire that is almost obsession on this board that women have that men not be attracted to them for anything but their 'character'.

For me, I just think that many men are really, really hung up on appearances, and, in the process, miss a lot of really wonderful women who aren't "hot" or "cute." I think for these men appearance is not just a factor in determining attraction, it's the only factor, and that makes me horribly sad. Bear in mind, however, that I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has been told she isn't physically attractive at all, and I'm absolutely sure that that colors my viewpoint.

One more thing...

quote:
I am just really floored that you of all people don't find aspects of fantasy and the use of imagination in some way provocative in a man.
This intrigues me! Why me of all people? I'm not disagreeing, mind you, but I'm trying to figure out how I've managed to convey that here.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

edit: Written before Megan's last post.

quote:

You don't have to take the ick comment as meaning pervy and gross. I would say ick to a shirt or pair of boots that weren't my style or I considered ugly, without any judgement on people who liked them. To each their own.

Oh, o.k.

Really sorry for over-reacting, Megan.

quote:

So to me wearing them, or a bunny outfit, is dressing specifically to get male attention.

And what's wrong with that? See, now I'm all confrused again.

Personally, while I don't dress with the ladies in mind these days, that's because I feel like it's not going to make a difference: poor + fat + 30s = kiss of death. But that isn't to say that I wouldn't love for a woman to compliment me on how I look.

Back when I was young, svelte Storm Saxon, I certainly dressed in ways that not *only* I liked, but in ways that I hoped made me look attractive to certain members of the opposite sex.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

This intrigues me! Why me of all people? I'm not disagreeing, mind you, but I'm trying to figure out how I've managed to convey that here.

I had you pegged as an otaku/gamer girl type.
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
Oh, o.k.

Really sorry for over-reacting, Megan.

No worries! No harm, no foul. [Smile]

Edit: Gamer girl, yes, no question; I love games of all kinds (console, pc, tabletop, board games, etc.). Otaku...well, I had to look it up, if that gives you any idea. It applies to me in the general sense (geek), but I really only have a very passing interest in anime (and Miyazaki, if you count Miyazaki as anime). But, regardless, thanks! [Smile]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know why dressing up in one esoteric outfit is any different than the 'normal' wear women dress themselves in to look flattering in general.
Feline grace. There is something 'female' about cats. The way they move is generally graceful and very careful in they move. I think that maybe dressing up as a cat confers some of that (real or imagined) upon the wearer.

That said, I've never been a cat for hallowe'en and it's very unlikely that I will ever be a cat, or any such animal, for hallowe'en.

Also, Storm Saxon, it could be just you.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

Bear in mind, however, that I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has been told she isn't physically attractive at all, and I'm absolutely sure that that colors my viewpoint.

Just out of curiosity, why don't the men who have/do love you and told you that you were beautiful mean as much if not more?
Megan
Member # 5290

Hmm. Maybe my real problem here is that I'm a dog person, not a cat person. I have no real objection to cats (other than the fact that they make me sneeze and my eyes itch), but I connect much better with dogs.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

Feline grace. There is something 'female' about cats. The way they move is generally graceful and very careful in they move. I think that maybe dressing up as a cat confers some of that (real or imagined) upon the wearer.

I think you might very well be right.

quote:

That said, I've never been a cat for hallowe'en and it's very unlikely that I will ever be a cat, or any such animal, for hallowe'en.

Perhaps a sloth girl? Or maybe springhaar girl?

(Hey, I forgot who posted those springhaar pictures, but that animal is really, ahem, cute.)

quote:

Also, Storm Saxon, it could be just you.

I have it on good authority that that is not the case. [Wink] [Smile]
Megan
Member # 5290

Because, like many people (including some here), I take negative comments far more to heart than I do positive comments. It's almost certainly a reflection of low self-esteem (at least in the appearance category; I think I'm pretty rockin' in at least a few other categories [Wink] ). Call it a personal hang-up, I guess.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kitty ears and a cute kitty tail go with everything and will make you well nigh irresistable to men everywhere.

Am I the only one here who finds this offensively sexist?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Oh, for the love of all that is holy.

*face palm*

How in Bob's green earth is that sexist? Do *you* not think certain things men wear make them more attractive and irresistable?

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

So to me wearing them, or a bunny outfit, is dressing specifically to get male attention.

And what's wrong with that? See, now I'm all confrused again.

In the general sense? Probably not much. For me? The type of male attention that that sort of garb tends to bring makes me uncomfortable. There's a difference between an appreciative gaze and a leer, and it's not something that translates well to words. But one crosses boundries that I'd prefer random people not cross.

Also, there's appropriateness issues. If I'm going out to a club, I don't mind knowing that some of the guys there are looking at me thinking they'd like to sleep with me. At work, I'd rather not know which of my male co-workers might feel that way, particularly as it frequently ends up being the married ones. So I don't generally wear things that are likely to get that kind of attention to work. YMMV.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Oh, o.k.
Anshi
Member # 9643

- posted      Profile for Anshi   Email Anshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Megan:
[QB]Mainly, I'm bemused by the girls that wear that sort of thing all the time, not just random women dressed in cat costumes for Halloween or some other costume party. I just don't understand why, unless it is (like ElJay said) pandering to male tastes. Meanwhile, I'm sure some of the cat girls have other reasons that I don't know about. It's just something that's utterly, completely foreign to me.

Perhaps they just simply find it fun, cute, and/or their way of expressing themselves? It's an accessory, like anything else, including jewelry, purses, tattoos, etc. Not all "catgirls" do it to pander to male tastes. (Or to female tastes.) And it could be that wearing the style is pandering to themselves, not for anyone else. [Smile]
Posts: 32 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan- I think you're gorgeous. I remember seeing you for the first time and wishing I looked like you.

And Storm- I'm definately going to ask my boyfriend how he feels about cat costumes now.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Personally, while I don't dress with the ladies in mind these days, that's because I feel like it's not going to make a difference: poor + fat + 30s = kiss of death.

Try adding "divorced with 5 kids in tow"! [Wink]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
Megan- I think you're gorgeous. I remember seeing you for the first time and wishing I looked like you.

[Blushing]

Wow! Thank you!

(I think you're pretty gorgeous yourself. Let's trade! [Big Grin] )

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

Try adding "divorced with 5 kids in tow"!

Yep, that'd be worse.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

And Storm- I'm definately going to ask my boyfriend how he feels about cat costumes now.

If he looks at you with an excited look in his eyes and says,"Why? Did you buy one?" Be sure to let him down gently.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be too afraid of running into that geek at the bottom of the geek org chart. You know, the one who is into Star Trek erotic furry fanfic where they write themselves in as a character and Captain Kirk is an ocelot or something.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

You're going to hurt Porter's feelings if you're not careful, Pooka. [Wink]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I'm pretty sure the new guy in my life is only interested in my breasts. It's kind of a weird feeling, but I hope that some day he'll appreciate me for my character. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Heh, heh.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do *you* not think certain things men wear make them more attractive and irresistible?
Loafers, worn jeans, a navy blue polo shirt, and glasses. I have no idea why, but that combination is my favorite outfit on any guy and it has been for YEARS. It almost always gets my attention - I love it.

A closer runner up is boots, jeans, and a plain gray t-shirt.

I have no explanation.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit: Prolly

Jim-Me: But you have kids, and that's cool and wonderful.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Cowboy boots, or work boots?
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
kat: I always liked jeans and no shirt on a guy. But that works equally well on a woman.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's because I like academics. A neat polo shirt means that he didn't come out in his pajamas, but he can still wear what he wants. [Smile] It's so cute. I can't condemn Stormy for liking cat costumes on women - I love it when someone can name all the presidents of the USA in order.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

Rabbit: Prolly

It would be totally awesome if I could be the forum sexist pig.

Actually, given the totally inane, innocuous, meaningless molehills that are declared sexist (see this thread), I almost feel like I have to be just to maintain some kind of sanity on this forum.

So, I hereby declare myself to be The Forum Sexist PigŠ. Butt pinching, leering, and hooting my specialty. All bitching and moaning about being objectified laughed at.

Have a super day. [Hat]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Loafers, worn jeans, a navy blue polo shirt, and glasses. I have no idea why, but that combination is my favorite outfit on any guy and it has been for YEARS. It almost always gets my attention - I love it.

A closer runner up is boots, jeans, and a plain gray t-shirt.

That's oddly specific.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.