FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Hatrack Photo Album (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: New Hatrack Photo Album
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
So, as promised, now that finals are over I got to work on my web server and installed a nice, shiny new photo album for use by hatrackers. Users may register and then create albums and upload their own content.

I'm still figuring out how to use it and working out all the bugs, so if something doesn't work go ahead and post here and let me know.

I figure we should use the following convention for it:

-register as your hatrack user name. It will automatically create an album with that user name under the main gallery. Then you can create subalbums within that album for whatever you like.

It doesn't have a cool name yet like foobonic of old. If anyone wants to re-register the foobonic domain name and point it at my domain feel free, I can set it up so it goes right to the gallery. For now it's at:

http://www.me-mud.org/gallery2/

I'll be testing it and playing with it for a while yet tonight, and then tomorrow too. Feel free to register and start uploading stuff!

[ December 27, 2006, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Alcon ]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
foobonic.com appears to be taken.

foobonic.org and foobonic.net are available though.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

Thanks for your efforts Alcon. [Smile]
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
arg. I created an album and all but I can't find where I add photos!

Thanks for doing this!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

Orincoro, when you click on an album, there should be a nav bar underneath the search field to the left. The 'Add Items' link will let you add more photos.
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so cool, Alcon. Thanks!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm there. Uploading pics right now.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Alcon!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for hosting this, Alcon.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Any chance of implementing a "comment" feature? Or is that something that's already there that I'm just missing?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
neato!
Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Alcon!
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Any chance of implementing a "comment" feature? Or is that something that's already there that I'm just missing?

Ooh, that'd be really fun.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I screwed up... it named the album under my real name, as opposed to my username... and I accidentally deleted the album. So now I have an account, but no album... and I can't re-register as "Raia," because that already exists on the site.

Erm... help!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Hmm... there's supposed to already be a comment feature. Let me dig around and see if maybe I just have to configure it.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you log into Raia and then add a new album?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Aha! The comment link is on the left where all the add item links are:

add comment

I think you have to be logged in to comment.

Alcon
Member # 6645

Raia, I deleted your account. Try reregistering.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Huh. I'm still not seeing it. I'm logged in, and looking at a photo. On the left I can click on the following:

Advanced Search
Create Link
RSS Feed for this Photo
View Slideshow
View Slideshow (Fullscreen)

The list of photos in the album

...and that's it. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is it currently configured so that the option is only available to admins or something?

Alcon
Member # 6645

Ok, weird. I guess I see it cause I'm admin. When I'm in testing it's not there unless I'm in my own album. Hmm... and I don't see an option to turn it on for all albums... kinda beats the point of a comment feature doesn't it?

Edit: alright, I'm gonna have to work on this later. I'm going to be in a cave all day today, but I'll be back later tonight to keep working on this.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! It works now! Thanks. [Smile]

*goes off to play with photos*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
festivus
Member # 9963

- posted      Profile for festivus   Email festivus         Edit/Delete Post 
What cave?

I'll register later.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, I don't want to sidetrack your effort, but I'm wondering if those who use flickr want to make a hatrack group?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
What cave?
::becomes even more suspicious that Alcon is Batman::
festivus
Member # 9963

If it's the cave I think, no he's just Robin.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
To add comments, the admin needs to edit the permission. For everyone, give the "all comments" (paraphrase) permission.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea the ladies of hatrack were so beautiful. I may have to start being nicer to everyone.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
What cave?
::becomes even more suspicious that Alcon is Batman::
Alcon's not Batman. I can assure you of that.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Ahh, aha. Comments should be working now. Thanks for the tip Kat.

And it was Buckner's Cave, near Bloomington. I went with a couple of old high school friends of mine. So much fun, though cave dust jammed up the lens of my camera, so it doesn't open properly anymore. I'll need to clean it out.

Euripides
Member # 9315

Noemon, if you go to your album permissions ('Edit Permissions') on your left, there should be a field which reads 'New Group Permissions'. If you type 'Everybody' in the input field, choose '[comments] Add comments' from the drop down and hit Add, anyone should be able to comment on that album and its sub-albums. You can also type 'Registered Users' instead of 'Everybody', so that anyone who comments must be logged in.
festivus
Member # 9963

Ok I figured it was Buckner's.

Oh duh this is Sarah.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The Ketchup Family album is up. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay pictures!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, could you please delete the Rob Brill one? That was me. [Smile]

I already fixed it and posted one as Kwea again, but
I can't delete my account as Kwea. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Never jumped on the foobonic bandwagon, even though it was so awesome to see pictures of everyone and where they live! So. I uploaded a normal picture, I'm so proud of myself.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

That's a really cool looking picture Myr.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Isn't it?! All the photos my coworker took that night came out like that, it's very bizarre yet so very COOL [Cool]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
I had no idea the ladies of hatrack were so beautiful. I may have to start being nicer to everyone.

Now that I know you're that shallow, I shall have to be less nice to you. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! This is a great idea! Hope it's alright that I post pics of other Hatrackers that I live with... its hard to cut them out of every other picture. >.<
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Just posted some pics, I have missed foobonic.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I love that pic of you and your boyfriend, Avadaru. Good to see you around, by the way.
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Squish:
Oooh! This is a great idea! Hope it's alright that I post pics of other Hatrackers that I live with... its hard to cut them out of every other picture. >.<

Yeah, I'm half expecting people to ask me to take down the group shot I just posted.

By the way, Alcon, is there any way of putting the albums in alphabetical order? Right now it's not a big deal, but remember what a pain it was trying to find a particular person's album on foobonic before the albums were reordered?

Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
By the way, Alcon, is there any way of putting the albums in alphabetical order? Right now it's not a big deal, but remember what a pain it was trying to find a particular person's album on foobonic before the albums were reordered?
Done.

quote:
Alcon, could you please delete the Rob Brill one? That was me. [Smile]
Done. I transfered ownership to the new account and deleted the old one. You should be able to move and delete the stuff in the old album now.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
You my friend, rock!

that is all...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
You my friend, rock!

that is all...

This is true!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
How can I change the default picture of my album? I want one of my other pictures to be there.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Change which one's the first picture maybe?

Or rather try reordering them so that the one you want as the thumbnail is in the place of the one that is the thumbnail now?

I'm not sure how it chooses album thumbnails -- your right there doesn't seem to be an option to set it.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
In the old version of gallery, when you were administering your photos you chose an option 'highlight photo' for a particular photo to be the one that represents the album.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There is in mine. [Dont Know]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Go to your album. Underneath the thumbnail for the picture you want to have as your default, click on the "item actions" pulldown menu and select "make highlight".
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.