FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Assud, the Jew Eating Rabbit

Author Topic: Assud, the Jew Eating Rabbit
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Link.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I know that's horrible, part part of me can't help but laugh.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, I wouldn't think Jews would be halal.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought rabbits were supposed to be vegans.
At least Bernie is.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Voila, the Great White Man Eating Shark
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I can't figure out: why a rabbit? Did they just have a spare rabbit suit? I mean, they named him Assud. Surely it wouldn't've been that hard to find or manufacture a lion costume, no matter the limits of their budget.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that the same little girl who hosted the "mickey" show this is obviously meant to replace?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know what I can't figure out: why a rabbit? Did they just have a spare rabbit suit? I mean, they named him Assud. Surely it wouldn't've been that hard to find or manufacture a lion costume, no matter the limits of their budget.
I suspect the meaning is twofold: First, casting a weak and cowardly animal like a rabbit as a Jew-eater (Allah willing) is an insult to Jews. Second, I suspect it is also meant to demonstrate that even the weakest and smallest people of a good society must do their part to ...eat...Jews...
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Here's a better article. The mouse was murdered by Zionazis and replaced by a bee, who died because Israel denied him medical treatment. Now they're up to the bunny.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbits are not weak and cowardly.
They can be very strong and brave in the right circumstances.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Here's a better article. The mouse was murdered by Zionazis and replaced by a bee, who died because Israel denied him medical treatment. Now they're up to the bunny.

They are purposely trying to warp and scar small children, aren't they?
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Did you watch the video? It's not me saying this.... I personally have no opinion on the relative merits of rabbits. [Smile]
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:

QFT
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw the title it made me think of the killer bunny from Monty Python's Holy Grail. This is the kind of thing that I'd laugh at if it were on the Onion - it's pretty sad when real life is more absurd than the satire.

quote:

Wow, they've got a whole epic story arc of propaganda horribleness going there. I don't think Barney ever had that kind of drama.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
quote:

Did you watch the video? It's not me saying this.... I personally have no opinion on the relative merits of rabbits. [Smile]
I know, but I can't tell them that since they are in another country.
And rather scarily irratable I assume.
But, rabbits are awesome. *points to mine who is very lazy*

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:

No, they're simply indoctrinating them in the beliefs of their society.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, you really have to wonder when watching subtitles.
After watching a fair number of Chinese movies, it is interesting to note the sheer number of mis-translations and simplifications that can be introduced even by a "benevolent" translator. Thus one wonders what "really" is going on .

Granted, with the history and intensity of the Israeli-Muslim conflict, it is of *entirely* no surprise to me that such material could be filmed and aired. I wouldn't even be surprised if stuff like this goes on in mosques in N. America, but does not make it to film.

But sometimes, I have to wonder what is "really" going on when the spectrum of possible translations could range from anything from "Hi! I'm Mr. Rabbit and I'm here to discuss the economics of eating rabbit in a modern supply and demand economy" to "Well, in order to eat Jews you need to mash them up, crush them, marinate with BBQ sauce so it doesn't taste like pork, since all humans taste like pork, and then serve with a fine Chianti" (with the translator going "screw that! I'm translating that as 'eat') depending on whether the translator is hostile, whether the translator is attentive, what supervision and oversight there is, etc.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

We have people here who understand Arabic better than I do. Ask them.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
quote:
quote:

More like teaching them how to hate based on religion.
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
The most appropriate Israeli response: "Hellfire, the Palistinean killing rocket."
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Theoretically speaking, that doesn't really solve any of those questions as much as it changes the target of them from "nebulous organization that I've never heard of" to "'person' I may have conversed with online."

Practically speaking, I would be interested in what they would say and if you could pass along that message to any of the Arabic-speaking posters you're aware of, that would definitely be interesting.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
"Jews taste like carrots" [Frown]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's what I said.
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's what I said.
Dang, Lisa beat me to it.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You said it!!
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

It doesn't matter, you know. She won't accept it. That's the tragedy of this whole thing. The world is so full of people who are honestly goodhearted and simply refuse to see evil when it's right there in front of their eyes.

[For these people, t]here's always got to be some rational reason for the atrocities they commit. Because the alternative is simply too horrible to consider. It's cognitive dissonance in a really big way, and it's one of the reasons this conflict has gone on as long as it has.

(Square bracketed stuff added for clarification)

[ February 12, 2008, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't watch the video because the still of that rabbit is horrifying beyond reason.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

quote:
There's always got to be some rational reason for the atrocities they commit.

On the other hand, killing for religious reasons is pretty much at the top of my list of *non*-rational reasons to kill someone, short of a crime of passion [Wink]
Lisa
Member # 8384

<wince> Sarcasm doesn't work on the net. I keep forgetting that. No, it's not rational. My point was that too many people insist that there must be. I'll edit it to make that clear.
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"I always thought rabbits were supposed to be vegans."

That's just what they want you to believe.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on! Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"She swallowed the bird to catch the spider that wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her... She swallowed the spider to catch the fly... But I don't know why she swallowed the fly..."
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.