FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best Movie idea since Snakes on a plane.

Author Topic: Best Movie idea since Snakes on a plane.
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
They've made movies based on comic books, comic strips, and stand up comics. They've made movies based on Role Playing Games, Video Games, and Board Games. They've made movies based some girl's ability to fill out a bathing suit.

What's left?

Lets make a movie based on the most notorious email scam of them all....

"The Nigerian Bank Note."

Starring:

Matt Damon as John P Smith, average young man about town who opens an email that will change his life forever.

Will Smith, as John's best friend--or is he just after the money?

(Cut scene--bruised Matt Damon.

"Take one more step and I'll go all Micheal Borne on your a..."

Bad guys punch him in the face. He falls. "or not."

From behind bad guys Will Smith shows up. "Boys, its hammer time." Will Smith swings a sledge hammer, removing the two bad guys. He then helps Matt up.

"Hammer Time?" asks Damon.

"I know." says Will. "Something about that line just doesn't sound like me."

And

Halle Berry, as Princess Montoya. She has 2.8 Billion dollars of illegal money taken from the ruthless crooks bankrupting her country. They killed her father. Her revenge is getting the money out of her country and away from them. Her American Email contact will handle that, but while he does, she distracts the villains, by going on a major shopping spree with their cash...

Cut scene--outside expensive department store.

Halle--"My name is Princess Montoya. They killed my father. Prepare to buy."

With Patrick Stewart as the head of "The Bank of England."

"Mr. Smith, Billion dollars, in our hands, may be the key to unlocking the entire frozen credit and banking system. Give me the account number and save the world's economy.

Mr. Smith...Make it so."

and

well you can see. The potential is unlimited.

What other movie idea has as much built in internet hype?

Can you see the potential?

All I need are a few producers willing to invest about 5.8 million and we can get this blockbuster out by the summer of 2012.

(Did I mention a guest appearance by Samuel Jackson.."Get these #@$@#$@#@#$ bankers out of my @#$@#$@# Taxi"."

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
It has my vote.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all,
quote:
(Cut scene--bruised Matt Damon.
In movies they're just called scenes.

Secondly, fund it. [Smile]

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll have to hack all IP's simultaneously.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Best Movie idea since Snakes on a plane."

Nah, that would be my movie idea about a man who robs Fort Knox with a pair of trained, cybernetically enhanced Bengal tigers.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha.

"When the prince of Nigeria e-mails you, asking for help, you answer." -- Michael Scott

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC Morphis
Member # 11929

- posted      Profile for DC Morphis           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite line is:
Halle--"My name is Princess Montoya. They killed my father. Prepare to buy."

I have to admit, it sounds like you might need to cut back on the caffeine.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I would pay to see this movie.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
::::will not comment for the common good::::
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, also with...John Goodman as the local Bank Pres.

"You do understand, Mr. Smith, that if we put 2.8 Billion dollars into your personal account I will have to notify the IRS. You say that this princess will give you 10%? Well the IRS will be taking something like 30%. Where do you expect to come up with the remaining 700 Million dollars?

I have a better idea. Give me the account number and I put that $2.8 billion in a special corporate account. Why, she'll be able to get it out at any time, and you'll get your 10%...trust me. Just hand over that account number and I'll take care of you...."

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy Treat, I've heard there is no longer any gold in Fort Knox.

Why would Bengal Tigers need to be cybernetically enhanced?

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of hope there isn't still gold in Fort Knox. I mean, couldn't we be doing something better with it than paying money to store it?
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Puffy Treat, I've heard there is no longer any gold in Fort Knox.

Why would Bengal Tigers need to be cybernetically enhanced?

1. Movies aren't reality. Well, except for documentaries, but this won't be a doc. Not even a mockumentary.

2. So they can be weaponized. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if they're not cybernetically enhanced, let us hope they are at least ill-tempered - that's something, after all.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but then I saw Puffy's idea with the cyborg tigers and now I don't know.

Can't we make both?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

I think we could do both. I think Cyborg Tigers could only add to the appeal of any movie....

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a...aaaahhhhg I'm being eaten by a cyborg tiger."

"If you don't get on that plane your going to regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But definitely on the day the cyborg tigers rip out our throats..."

"They can take our homes. They can take our lives. But they can never take our Cybernetic Tigers!!!!!!"

"Rosebud....aaaaaahhhhhggggg" (Kane eaten by Cyborg Tiger.)

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
"My God, it's full of cyborg tigers..."
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

See? They're cinematic gold.

And speaking of gold, facts on the gold kept at Fort Knox.

Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping this was a snakes on every plane thread... [Cry]
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
There were some hilarious fake trailers for supposed SOAP sequels after the movie came out. I think Snakes on a Space Shuttle was the best, as it had weightless snakes floating about.

I would seriously pay to see a sequel to SOAP, but it would have to have Sam Jackson, and it would have to be just as bad.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
I was hoping this was a snakes on every plane thread... [Cry]

Brilliant!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Sir, we count one million dead bodies! What should we do?

Prepare for war.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
About those Fort Knox figures, Puffy Treat. I noticed this: "The gold is held as an asset of the United States at book value of $42.22 per ounce."

Um, isn't gold valued at about $750.00 per Troy ounce now? How up-to-date are these figures?

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Ron, you can email the US Mint that they need to give the Troy ounce values instead, but I think they already do on their "Fort Knox For Kids" site. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.