FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » THANKS Hatrack!.....(and a milestone post for me)

Author Topic: THANKS Hatrack!.....(and a milestone post for me)
Anthonie
Member # 884

- posted      Profile for Anthonie   Email Anthonie         Edit/Delete Post 
50 posts. 10 years.

Amazingly I just realized this would be my 50th post, so I figured I'd like to celebrate it. [Smile]

I have been mostly a lurker here with all you Hatrackers in your community over the past decade, often diligent and sometimes casual.

I wish to thank you all for your comments and discussions. I have appreciated and been greatly benefited by your insights and various points of view. It has been my common practice when navigating the net for current world news events, philosophy, or social issues to have a perma-link here to Hatrack to reference. Many of my opinions and views have been expanded, moderated or changed from your information and discussions. Thanks to you all!

And a special thanks to dear Kate, who introduced me to OSC's books and then to "this cool OSC site," and who invited me to join.

[Hat]

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Darling Anthonie, congratulations on 50 posts. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's a fittingly short landmark post given the story behind the poster! Congrats. [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought I had a low posting rate... [Smile]

Congrats on the milestone!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope to be corrected and digitally yelled at by strangers for sometime to come in hopes of entertaining and stimulating your grey matter.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! While I understand the lurking, I hope we can get to know you better in the future.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-Put
Member # 11752

- posted      Profile for J-Put           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. But I think I can beat that score. I'll go for 50 posts in 15 years!
Posts: 49 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa there, J-Put. You can't afford to post all willy nilly like that.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthonie
Member # 884

- posted      Profile for Anthonie   Email Anthonie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Darling Anthonie, congratulations on 50 posts. [Smile]

Thanks, Kate! [Wink]

And thanks everyone for the well wishes.

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Congrats! While I understand the lurking, I hope we can get to know you better in the future.

Yes, I should become a more active community participant. Thank you. (In full disclosure, most times I have remained hesitant to post because I realize I don't have much to contribute about many topics discussed here. I don't have great knowledge or personal experience on most issues... Thus the lurking to develop more.)
Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh...most of a lot of thread involve nothing more than an opinion.

I don;t mean to criticize, I just like finding out things about people. Discussions on a variety of topics is a great way to do that. [Big Grin]

Either way, welcome/congrats!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.