FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » IGMS, Kindle Edition

Author Topic: IGMS, Kindle Edition
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the IGMS site:

quote:
IGMS is now available for Kindle
and other digital readers.

If you are a subscriber to IGMS, you can download issues for FREE by going to My Account.

If you are not a subscriber, single issues are available for purchase at the Amazon Kindle store. At this point, Issue 1 and Issues 17-21 are available, with the remainder of the issues coming within the next few weeks.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmessg7
Member # 12528

- posted      Profile for rmessg7           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I downloaded 21 fine; actually converted it to epub with calibre and it loaded great on my nookcolor.
When I tried to get 17 - 20, yahoo mail wasn't able to open any of the four emails, but emails from other places opened fine.
Must be a problem at IGMS.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What error message were you getting from yahoo?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmessg7
Member # 12528

- posted      Profile for rmessg7           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None. My email adress didn't show up in the "TO:" line and the body just said "LOADING MESSAGE". I tried again just a couple of minutes ago with the same result.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I'll check with the other editors to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem; in the meantime, you might consider these solutions:

Link

Scott R
Member # 567

I checked with our other editors, and none of them have received any other reports about this error. We specifically tested the receipt of the emails to Yahoo mail accounts, and we were successful in getting them.
leonster
Member # 12525

- posted      Profile for leonster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a new subscriber within the past week or so, so to have this suddenly added right after subscribing was an awesome bonus! I've downloaded all available issues and have started reading the most recent one, and will work my way back from there.

Awesome job on the Kindle conversion. I also subscribe to Analog and Asimov's on Kindle, and their Kindle format is okay, but IMS (with pics and everything included) blows them away.

Only question: the first batch went up really fast, but seems to have stalled now. We're still getting Issues 2-11 at some point, right? [Smile]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Yep; they'll be added in time.
leonster
Member # 12525

- posted      Profile for leonster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting on 2-11. Sorry to nag. [Wink]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GarminForerunner
Member # 12555

- posted      Profile for GarminForerunner   Email GarminForerunner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing just Awesome job on the Kindle conversion. I also subscribe to Analog and Asimov's on Kindle, and their Kindle format is okay, but IMS (with pics and everything included) blows them away.

[ April 15, 2011, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Kathleen Dalton Woodbury ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

FYI, folks:

E-issues from #1 to #27 are available right now on the IGMS website. (Coming soon to Amazon, supposedly...)

Subscribers can access the issues by logging in and going to 'My Account'.

Scott R
Member # 567

Folks:

The kindle version of the IGMS awards anthology is free on amazon right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0075C4NM2/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1341590388&sr=8-1

Gary
Member # 12678

- posted      Profile for Gary           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I very much enjoy reading IGMS on my Kindle - is there any timeframe for the conversion of the current and previous issues to this format?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.