Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Markets for Our Writing » Liberty Hall’s Ezine, Freedom to Write

Author Topic: Liberty Hall’s Ezine, Freedom to Write
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liberty Hall’s Ezine, Freedom to Write, will kick off at the end of the year with a Best of 2009 issue.

We will start accepting submittals in September, 2009. Details are still being hashed out, but in general your story will be considered if:

1) your story was previously published elsewhere and is legally available, AND started life as a response to an LH challenge

OR

2) your story has not yet been published but has been nominated by a fellow LH member, AND started life as a response to an LH challenge

---

In order for us to verify that the submittals started life in response to one of our challenges, you will have to be an active LH member. This gives you about 6 weeks to write stories that could be nominated. If you're reactivating an older membership, your older stories that started life at LH will be eligible.

Please go here to find out how to become a member - http://www.libertyhallwriters.org/join/ - if you don't follow my instructions, you will not get in. It's that simple.

---

I plan to also offer a print version through Lulu or equivalent, as a means to raise some money to support LH’s hosting costs.

And I mean to sic Tom the Bastard on… er, SHAMELESSLY BEG our famously published members and formerly active members for submittals of their published works that meet our criteria.

---

Our daughter site, Show Me Your Lits, will also submit stories for publication. This adds a literary fiction dimension to the mag!

---

Please advertise this as you see fit.

Mike

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scope of this venture has expanded a bit; it now includes The Notebored as well as ShowMeYourLits. So, there'll be quite a bit of variety. I hope y'all will go look at the ezine version (free, of course) once it is up at the end of the year.

Any profits from the print version (if any) will go towards funding the hosting services for LH and The notebored (I host SMYL).

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.