Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Markets for Our Writing » AngryRobot -- Open Door Month

Author Topic: AngryRobot -- Open Door Month
Reziac
Member # 9345

- posted      Profile for Reziac   Email Reziac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://angryrobotbooks.com/march-2011-open-door-month/

This is the 2nd such I've seen in two days.. where the heck was the other one, Del Rey??

Posts: 745 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, wish I knew more about them. Seems that for a new publisher they have quite a few books out. I have seen one of them and I recognize the name of another writer but not from the two books of his they have listed.

They also don't say much about pay except that you won't get rich with one book but I knew that already.

What attracted my attention is that they among a bunch of other types they want Urban Fantasy. And their deadline is the end of March. If I try I could be done revising Bright Lights by then.

Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

So there are two of us who sent in five chapters to Angry Robot.

As I told the other one I think his novel has a better chance than mine but maybe they will like the first couple of chapters enough to send feed back.

Any others?

Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I missed the part where they only wanted five chapters.

Gees... I could have readied my first five chapters given six weeks. =(

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Well, since I haven't received a confirmation that they received it, I probably sent it too late England time. I that was a possibility but figured I would try anyway.
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Well, well my submission made it after all even with no confirmation. Not surprising my five chapters didn't make the cut. But I was kinda of hoping that they might have liked it enough to say a few words... I believe they said something along those lines... but just basically no and good luck with it.

History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received the few extra words as well as the "no and good luck."
Don't know if this is better or worse. "No" is still "no.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Yeah it is but I would look at that as a consolation price. Or if they said a lot a HM.

It's the good luck that gets me. If the writing and/or story was that bad why wish me good luck. Yeah, I know it sounds nice and polite.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.