Hatrack River Writers Workshop
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Ways to Critique » using MS Word's tracking feature

Author Topic: using MS Word's tracking feature
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago, one of the people in a Hatrack group created an Word document that explains how to use Word's tracking feature for critiquing a Word document (for manuscript exchange in email).

The author, Loren Whitaker, and I talked about putting the instructions on the web, but never really figured out how it should be done.

I've decided to make it a download on my website, but the only link to it is here, in case anyone wants to get it and use it when giving feedback.

Edited to add:

If you want to download it to your own computer, right click on the above link and select the "save target as" option in the menu that should appear. Then indicate where you want to save the file.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited August 15, 2008).]

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
BethBrownell
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for BethBrownell   Email BethBrownell         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is great information there.
I learned a lot from that document.
My editors for my last two novels use that and I really didn't understand it that well, till this morning when I read that file.

Thanks for putting it together.
Beth

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Loren Whitaker was the one who put it together.

I think it's a great tutorial, so I'm glad you like it.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WouldBe
Member # 5682

- posted      Profile for WouldBe   Email WouldBe         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathleen, FYI, I've successfully used Open Office's tracking feature interoperably with Word in the workplace. This was with a very recent version of OO Writer 2.3. On OO, the feature is hidden pretty well under the Edit/Changes menu.
Posts: 746 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

That's good to know, WouldBe. Thanks for the information.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

posting so this topic will be visible
mayflower988
Member # 9858

- posted      Profile for mayflower988   Email mayflower988         Edit/Delete Post 
KDW, I just tried following that link. It seems the site has closed down.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Thank you, mayflower988. I am sorry to hear it (a year after it closed!!!) - shows how up-to-date I no longer am on some things.

I'll close the topic, and later delete it.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.