Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » HSO's bio (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HSO's bio
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some who call me... Tim!

Actually, there aren't, I just thought that, since I'm confused to tears anyway, I might as well bring everybody I can down with me! Did it work?

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm down. Mostly because I don't get to be offended any more. I was, then I wasn't, and that made me offended, but then I was not offended because I was and then I don't have a name that starts with 'J' and I'm offended that HSO got over 50 responses and I only got 8 or so and and now I can't remember what I'm even talking about. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm being punished for something I did in another life. I think.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we need to make an exception--you belong at the TOP of the Confused to Tears list!

(edit: I'm also easily confused by keyboards. Go figure.)

[This message has been edited by Jaina (edited March 03, 2005).]

ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, HSO. Newbie here. Crispy crits don't bother me. Vague well-intentioned ones do. I hate it when people go into "there's something here, something... different" mode.

Although it looks like you've got enough on your plate already.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm playing both sides, just to keep stuff interesting.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MCameron
Member # 2391

- posted      Profile for MCameron   Email MCameron         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey mike, I want to be on the RPO list too! I'm offended because I just got a critique from HSO that didn't offend me! And here I thought it was a golden opportunity to be offended...

--Mel

Posts: 269 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm losing my crispy crit touch. I used to offend people left and right. Now, people thank me, and then get offended that they weren't offended.

Perhaps the time has come to hang up my critiquing hat and go elsewhere. I suppose I could hang out on MP3.com and start critting people's music and telling them that they're songs lacked a hook; that their solos were dull and uninspired; and, that they should focus more of the effort on their jobs as a waiter in Bennigan's -- where they have a decent shot at becoming successful at something.

I'm so torn.

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if Simon Cowell retires....

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm offended that you misused "they're" in your above post. Or should I say "you're" post.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

Or perhaps you need to take a look back at some of your old crispy crits and see what you did right.
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RPO#1 mikemunsil
RPO#2 Kolona
RPO#3 Keeley
RPO#4 djdvdakota
RPO#5 Rocklover
RPO#6 Truehero
RPO#7 Goatboy
RPO#8 HSO
RPO#9 Jaina
PRPO#1 MaryRobinette
RPO#10 MrClean
RPO#11 MCameron

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
rickfisher
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for rickfisher   Email rickfisher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm offended that HSO hasn't yelled at MikeMunsil (in an offensive way, of course) for not putting Jeraliey back on the list (she was originally #7, but got bumped off by goatboy). And Mr. Clean got bumped off by--of all people--HSO! at the same time. But he's back on.
Posts: 932 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there no justice in this world? Is there none at all?

rickfisher is correct and rightfully offended. Mike! Mike! Stop fudging up the list. How I am supposed to know who is an offendee and who isn't? This is completely unacceptable. The rage... Someone get me a sack full of kittens posthaste.

Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, man.

::shudder::

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RPO#1 mikemunsil
RPO#2 Goatboy
RPO#3 Jaina
RPO#4 djdvdakota
RPO#5 MaryRobinette
RPO#6 MrClean
RPO#7 Kolona
RPO#8 HSO
RPO#9 Keeley
PRPO#1 Rocklover
RPO#10 Jeraliey
RPO#11 MCameron
RPO#12 Truehero

Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, wait a minute! I was one of the top three. How dare you make me #9. [growls]

We should start a list of people who are offended by Mike and his alterations of the RPO list. :P

I'd start it, but I don't have time to maintain it.

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

It isn't me! I swear!

Survivor, are YOU doing this?

Jaina
Member # 2387

Well, Keeley may be upset, but I'm not arguing with an upgrade from 9 to 3!
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. I used to be two and that's my favorite number. Now I really am offended.

Oh dear. I phrased that badly and now I've offended myself.

[This message has been edited by Kolona (edited April 02, 2005).]

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

OK, let's start all over. Here are the ground rules. Everybody watch HSO like a hawk, and when he offends you get here and assign yourself a number!
Kolona
Member # 1438

Well, somebody better take one, because I want two.
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

I want my original #7!!!
HSO
Member # 2056

First of all, I offend equally. No one should feel they need a number of importance. However, since I recognize the vanity and triviality of the human condition, I can accept that membership numbers might be useful. It is therefore my pleasure to announce that I will be personally assigning membership numbers providing the following criteria is e-mailed to me:

You Full Name, including any aliases
Your Social Security Number
Your Mother's Maiden Name
Your Bank Account Numbers, Credit Cards, and PINs
A digitally signed certificate on your behalf pledging to sacrifice at least one harmless animal per calender month -- done in my name, of course
A recent photo of you dressed up as any character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The actual electronic text or post of mine that offended you. (This post may count towards that, if you prefer.)

Failure to provide any of the above automatically excludes you from the coveted, official, and authorized by yours truly membership number.

Nevertheless, you may at any time remain to be offended and be considered a "chartered" member without the need for a membership number. Chartered memberships are authorized through mikemunsil. Should you require more information, mike will be happy to furnish it to you at his earliest convenience.

May a giant raspberry* be in your futures.

Sincerely yours,

HSO

*spittle may cost extra.

[This message has been edited by HSO (edited April 02, 2005).]

rickfisher
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for rickfisher   Email rickfisher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
rickfisher is correct and rightfully offended.
But I'm still NOT ON THE LIST!

Posts: 932 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

- posted      Profile for Monolith   Email Monolith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHEM.
<Taps foot>

Hello not getting more offended over here, especially since I haven't been offended yet.

We like HSO around here, but I know it takes alot to offend me (former military).

So please mike, add me to the list of offendee's ( is that even a word?). I feel just so left out.

-Monolith-

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
benskia
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for benskia   Email benskia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey HSO.

I just read that you've got a lot of similar hobies as me.

What kind of music do you make? I do a bit of composition as well. Mainly electronic stuff with synths and samplers (hard and soft) but a bit of guitar too.

I like computer games too. Are you doing Everquest 2 or World of Warcraft?

Posts: 329 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

Games: I avoid the online games. Far too life consuming. I stick with your basic one-player console RPG's these days. I hate playing games on a computer. I'm on a computer enough of the day anyway. Time away from it is much appreciated.

Music: Keyboard is my primary instrument. I have way too much gear from my gigging days -- most of it still in storage in the States, because I don't have any room in my flat, and because it's expensive to ship things over. Not particularly into the soft synths so much, I prefer the hardware versions. I can also play guitar, drums and bass. My wife has a sax, and I'm thinking about teaching myself how to play it. Just haven't got around to it yet.

I like to compose in almost every style of music. I'm equally comfortable in most any style. Some days it's blues or jazz. Other days it's new age / electronica. And still other days it's rock / grunge. I like reggae from time to time, too. I typically avoid country music -- just don't like it enough, I suppose.

That's about it, really.

Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't believe I'm going to hand you my bank account number or PIN, but I have a cat or two I'd toss into the ring for the monthly sacrificial ritual... :P
Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
goatboy
Member # 2062

- posted      Profile for goatboy   Email goatboy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If #2 is such a great spot, can I auction it on eBay?
Posts: 497 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TruHero
Member # 1766

- posted      Profile for TruHero   Email TruHero         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it has been a while since I've checked in here. I'm glad to see that I'm still on the list, even if it's the bottom. Although, my moniker is spelled incorrectly. I should feel put out, but I just can't muster it right now.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Inkwell
Member # 1944

- posted      Profile for Inkwell   Email Inkwell         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Abbey...er, HSO,

I've been offended, but not recently. Do I still qualify for official offendee status? If so, must I fill out the appropriate forms (86-J through 148-L) again?

-Erstwhile Offendee

Inkwell
------------------
"The difference between a writer and someone who says they want to write is merely the width of a postage stamp."
-Anonymous

Posts: 366 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.