Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
Pontifax
Member # 2414

- posted      Profile for Pontifax   Email Pontifax         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahoy, mates. So good to see a forum not filled with incorrect grammar and a willful, premeditated massacre of the English language. I feel as if there's a lot to learn from the accomplished writers on this site, and hope to make the most of my stay here.

I'm a 23 year-old college student in Pensacola, Florida, living with my girlfriend and two cats: Nikita Kruschev and Fidel Castro.

Hope to make your collective acquaintances soon!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pontifax,

Welcome to Hatrack. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the various boards.

Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pontifax – welcome! I love the name. Did you make it up? I also like the names of your cats. Do they act like their namesakes? I’m practically your neighbor, as far as the Internet world goes. I live up in Atlanta. How did you fare through Ivan?

It is nice to meet you.

Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pontifax
Member # 2414

- posted      Profile for Pontifax   Email Pontifax         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ta, since Ivan touched down in Pensacola, we're still trying to recover from that beast. It surely ripped us a new one. *laughs*

As for Pontifax, it's a variation on the latin 'pontifex', meaning 'high priest'.

ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... does Nikita like to pound his shoe on the table? (Assuming he wears shoes, as cats generally don't. But they do like to suprise.)

Oh, and hi.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pontifax
Member # 2414

*laughs* I wish he did, but alas, he doesn't wear shoes. He does have a stick that he postively HATES. He's named it Reagan. ;p

Good to meetcha.

MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pontifax! welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here and Hope to get to know you.

Very clever with the kitty's...Naming them so you don't have to feel guilty when you kick them. I'm impressed.

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pontifax
Member # 2414

*laughs* True, true. All I'm waiting on to complete my evil triumvirate is a Siamese cat named Mao Tse Tung.
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who will, of course, be carrying a Little Red Book.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
FreyasFriend
Member # 2426

- posted      Profile for FreyasFriend   Email FreyasFriend         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or making a long march to the food dish.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pontifax
Member # 2414

*laughs* Actually, we just got a new kitten today. He's entirely black, so we have named him Malcolm X.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.