Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hi.

Author Topic: Hi.
Proximus
Member # 2461

- posted      Profile for Proximus   Email Proximus         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'lo. I'm Proximus, also Quinton. Most call me Q. Been working on my story for about one year now, just as a pastime. I have my share of readership from simply my friends, but I figured I might go on here to get some better feedback from people who... At least know half what they're talking about. My only real help has been my friend Victoria, who's the master of making sure that I know when I've done something wrong. heh. I post all of my story on a forum that I run independantly. I'll put up a bit of my work, and then a link to the site, for if you wish to read any more...

My story is about the exploits of the seven various Striders (explained later), but mostly of that of the Darkstrider (L'hain), the great-grandson of the long-dead Lightwalker (Jaren), and the daughter of a nigh-unknown Northern empire. It takes place in the fantasy world of Vannen, which is intentionally made to be about as far as can be from actually existing.

An interesting bit: The story began in an AIM chat. No insult to J.K. Rowling, but it was begun as a testament to prove that I could write a better book than Harry Potter right then, as I simply don't enjoy the Harry Potter series. heh. I think I've done a fair job. Decide for yourselves! =D

I look forward to a long and successful writership with this board!

-Q

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy, Proximus (or Quinton, or Q--of course, if you let me call you Q, you'll end up enduring a long string of painfully bad James Bond jokes, so you may not want to encourage that line of thinking).

I think you'll find the locals are friendly and accomodating, although you may rile up one or two by saying they "at least half know what they're talking about." I don't particularly care, it's true, but then it's late, I'm tired, and my head hurts.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Proximus
Member # 2461

- posted      Profile for Proximus   Email Proximus         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was referring to my friends' commentary. It usually ranges between 2-5 words and consists of "good" or "awesome" or something of the like. You can see how I'd like something more... Yeah, the James Bond jokes came and went. The nickname was sort of acquired by the fact that no one likes to actually say "Quinton" in its entirety. heh.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, no harm, no foul. Actually, I should apologize to you for misunderstanding (I'll hide behind my headache again and whistle quietly).

No, that kind of feedback is (you're right) pretty much worthless. You'll do better here.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
dpatridge
Member # 2208

- posted      Profile for dpatridge   Email dpatridge         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... Am I the only one whose first thoughts on seeing the letter Q are that of a certain unsavory character in Star Trek TNG?
Posts: 477 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you're not the only one. My first thought was definitely along the Star Trek lines. And I don't even watch Star Trek all that often.

Well, Q, as long as you're not annoyingly omnipotent and arrogant, I'm glad you're here!

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.