Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » New writer in the midst of his first novel...

Author Topic: New writer in the midst of his first novel...
nathan118
Member # 7052

- posted      Profile for nathan118   Email nathan118         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been working on my first novel since last spring, and it's about halfway done now (60k words so far). I've been reading interesting posts on this website for months now, and I thought it was about time I finally joined the discussion. Glad to be here.

The book is about mankind's race to escape the earth as a deadly cycle of extinction quickly approaches, threatening to kill every last man, woman, and child. It's a race against the clock as plans to leave Earth take shape in the form of a deep space vessel.

Maybe I'll work up the guts to post a 13-line segment soon.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HuntGod
Member # 2259

- posted      Profile for HuntGod           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there Zombies? Everything is better with zombies!

Welcome to hatrack...

Posts: 552 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nathan118
Member # 7052

- posted      Profile for nathan118   Email nathan118         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No zombies, sorry. But I agree, zombies are a welcome addition to almost anything.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, post your first 13. Nothing to fear here. Just a lot of people who spend hours here instead of doing actual writing.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it's an apocalyptic tale. Welcome to Hatrack, where a kid can be a...
Posts: 3682 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nathan118
Member # 7052

Definitely apocalyptic. Might as well go big for the first one right?

I got the guts to post my first 13 if anyone is interested. After only a few days on here I know inarticulatebabbler always something good to add to the conversation.

mitchellworks
Member # 6779

- posted      Profile for mitchellworks   Email mitchellworks         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, the irony.

Welcome!

Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nathan.

Why 118? Surely there aren't that many Nathans here already...

Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nathan118
Member # 7052

It's just a screen name. The 118 has significance from High School...nothing too exciting though.
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.