Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Here we go...

Author Topic: Here we go...
Caliban
Member # 7066

- posted      Profile for Caliban   Email Caliban         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking on these forums for a bit trying to get the impetus to join and take that first step. I have written off and on for a while now and I feel I am ready to commit my time and thought into developing this novel I have kicked around and researched for a few years. Reading some of the posts and 13 line submissions on the forums has been quite inspiring to say the least! I am an opera singer by trade so I definitely have time in between gigs to focus and see where this takes me. Thanks for reading and I look forward to "working" with all of you.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrenbird
Member # 3245

- posted      Profile for wrenbird   Email wrenbird         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Opera singer?! That's awesome. I'm a big opera fan. My favorite is Mozart's The Magic Flute.

Welcome to Hatrack.

Posts: 346 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igwiz
Member # 6867

- posted      Profile for Igwiz   Email Igwiz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

Opera singer sounds like a really cool job. I'm sure its a very challenging career. (Can't imagine performing in person for my supper!!)

I'm more of an Opera Buffo fan, esp Mozart (Figaro comes to mind), but enjoy Verdi. The darker stuff has a harder time holding me, (Wagner is right out) but I've come to enjoy it more now that most theatres do supertitles. Us folks that don't speak passable and somewhat archaic Italian have some trouble following the story without them.

Glad to have you,

Thane

Posts: 269 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, a singer. Welcome to the fray!
Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.