Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
leodinas
Member # 7333

- posted      Profile for leodinas   Email leodinas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings everyone,

My real name is David and I live on Long Island with my wife in a modest three-bedroom town house. We are both in the educational field but have not found public school positions. My wife works at a private school teaching math and I work at a public school jumping from one leave replacement to another. We are both patient.

I am 26 years old and nearly done with a masters in library science. My original undergraduate BA is in history and secondary education. Ultimately I want to be a school librarian. Instead of 'telling' you about my writing ability, I will 'show' you with a pair of interesting stories:

- I wrote a graduate level 3-page article analysis paper in 30 minutes--20 minutes before I had to leave for class--and walked in 10 minutes late blaming traffic. I received an A on the paper.
- On the history content test we are required to take in order to teach history in New York I aced the written portion getting a 300 out of 300.

These have nothing to do with writing fiction, but they are still fun stories to tell. We're not writing a resume here, so I am not going to bulk this up with useless data about what I've done and where I've done it. No one's interested in that. I'll let my prose and comments do the talking.

So why are you here? Go read someone's short and give 'em some feedback.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leodinas
Member # 7333

- posted      Profile for leodinas   Email leodinas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and before anyone goes crazy about my name... I am aware of the misspelling. Seven or eight years ago when I came up with the name for my online gaming I misspelled it, but the name stuck with me as an alternative to 'real life.' I've used it ever since. The funny part is only one or two people called me on it before the movie came out. Since the movie, people call me on it everywhere I go... The world suddenly filled up with Thermopylae experts.

Funny, right?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdawgpoet
Member # 7046

- posted      Profile for bigdawgpoet   Email bigdawgpoet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, David.

Good to have you here, and looking forward to reading some of your incredible prose! :-)

~Ben (bigdawgpoet)

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.