Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Heya

Author Topic: Heya
Broda
Member # 8280

- posted      Profile for Broda           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a robot programmer by profession but I've always tinkered with writing & creating worlds. I've been lurking on the hatrack forums for years - just never submitted anything. I figured it was time to stop procrastinating and submit some stories for critique (and, of course, return the favor).
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Broda,

You get those cylons to work right yet? Welcome aboard, can't wait to view your stuff.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy lurking looking forward to getting a read
Posts: 688 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've really been lurking for years?

That's kinda creepy. We like creepy, welcome aboard. And please don't finish those cylons. They are the last thing the human race needs.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, PJ. Whats your worry? These borg implants are great, the berserker danger is overblown, the Dalliades are cute and the cybermen make great convo pieces. Sarah Connor is just an alarmist, don't listen to her. I just need another $5,998,000 and I can get that cool eye, a pitching arm that throws a two hundred mile an hour fast ball and who wouldn't want to run down a cheetah?
So I'm ready to Buy Your Command module, what could possibly go wrong?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack, Broda!

Now haven't you wanted to hear that for a long time deep down inside? If you have perused this site much, you know that I am screening The Princess Bride this month (and probably most of the next).
Here is a "little" snippet -

"...rest well and dream of large women."

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Broda. Since you've been lurking so long, you probably already know about the Hatrack Utility Belt, but if you don't let me know, and I'll post a link here for you.
Posts: 8541 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broda
Member # 8280

- posted      Profile for Broda           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I scrapped the cylon prototypes as the old version was too clunky, and the new version had emotional & religious issues...

Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome broda,

whew! robots with emotional and religious issues? sounds like they would've been great writers. (good you scrapped them-- competition and all!)

hope you enjoy the hatrack experience....

tempest

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings! Have a pumpkin cookie!
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you sound like you'll be right at home on our space station. I'm sure we can set you up a laboratory with anything you might need. Maybe you can be a science officer for the station. We could use someone to keep an eye on things over there, though you're more than welcome to stay in the treehouse, too. So, many choices.

I do believe a new shipment of recliners just came in on the latest starship that just docked. Shall I make you comfortable in one?

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.