Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
TLBailey
Member # 8499

- posted      Profile for TLBailey   Email TLBailey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, Please excuse this blank stare, I'm a bit overwhelmed here. You see I didn't really intend to come down this road. Of course I didn't intend to become a Computer Nerd either, all I wanted was a word processor because my fingers kept getting tangled up as they tried to navigate the treacherous keys on the typewriter. That was back in my first life when I was learn'n how to be a Sunday Speaker. Yet somehow I morphed into a Computer Nerd and started a whole new life.

Now, or rather for the last few years, I've had this SF novel that keeps crawling around inside my head. I tried to ignore it at first, thinking it would just go away, but it keeps growing (and possibly breeding). I'm fairly certain It's (they're?) planning some sort of dramatic escape (hope it doesn't hurt too much), or worse, complete assimilation . I can already feel myself morphing again.

Is there anyone here who can help me???

Posts: 72 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I can give you advice based on my own experience. Yes, it hurts when they break free, but it's better to let them out before they damage your insides. Good luck!
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denem
Member # 8434

- posted      Profile for Denem   Email Denem         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard. Grab something out of the magic fridge and come join us on the back deck. It's quite a view.

[This message has been edited by Denem (edited February 24, 2009).]

Posts: 128 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how much I can help you with your problems, but maybe coming to join us in our magical treehouse will help ease some of them away. There's always something relaxing about this place. It's just full of warmth, love, and all kinds of inspriration and good advice. So come on in and enjoy.

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TLBailey
Member # 8499

- posted      Profile for TLBailey   Email TLBailey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is cool, I found a tunnel leading to some writing lessons which were awesome. I found so many great tips I'm fairly buzzing with excitement. Had to get past a few obnoxious monsters, but they're nothing to worry about, all bite and no growl.

[This message has been edited by TLBailey (edited February 25, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by TLBailey (edited February 25, 2009).]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melme54
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for melme54   Email melme54         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watch out for the spiders. They're telepathic.

Welcome!

Posts: 56 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome welcome sunday writer
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you think "go away, please" thoughts at the telepathic spiders, and off they go.
Posts: 8541 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TLBailey
Member # 8499

Whoa, did you say spiders? Monsters, okay, dragons, okay, but spiders? If they leave you think "go away please" then they should be is a galaxy far... far..., far far away by now.

The fridge is great though, and the bowling alley, except for the wormhole.

[This message has been edited by TLBailey (edited February 26, 2009).]

honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome and aloha from Hawaii!!
Posts: 688 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I have to pay you royalties if I publishe a story about telepathic spiders in your mind?

Seriously, I just submitted it to F&SF

Welcome to Hatrack.

Posts: 1864 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Forrest
Member # 8460

- posted      Profile for Joseph Forrest   Email Joseph Forrest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohio Gozymas! Welcome to the river.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.