Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Leo

Author Topic: Leo
silverberry
Member # 8945

- posted      Profile for silverberry   Email silverberry         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, everyone.

I am a former mathematician, a current software developer, and a future writer (if you consider the future being already one leg here with us). I have a PhD in Math from the MIT, and I'm a graduate of a number of writing workshops, in the reverse chronological order: Viable Paradise (by Patrick and Teresa Nielsen-Haydens, et. al.), Kansas Novel Writing Workshop (by Kij Johnson), Gotham SF Writing Workshop (by Marta Randall); and a long-time member of the OWW (sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com).

I write both science fiction and fantasy, mostly in the novel genre. The science fiction tends to be in the post-Singularity vein. The fantasy is low-key, historically motivated.

I'm also a book designer, experienced with InDesign, currently considering to start a small press publishing company focused on novellas. Since I'm not so brazen as to experiment with someone else's stuff, I think of using myself as a guinea pig (thankfully, I have actually managed to write one novella, about a posthuman doctor that, to save a comatose girl, replaces the damaged part of her brain with his own electronic mind).

Leo

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Silver,
Welcome to Hatrack, where everyone knows your username and we're always glad you came, despite what you might think by some of our crits.

DW

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverberry
Member # 8945

- posted      Profile for silverberry   Email silverberry         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome! And worry not about harsh critique; I'm used to that sort of thing.

Leo

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScardeyDog
Member # 8707

- posted      Profile for ScardeyDog   Email ScardeyDog         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.