Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Reintro

Author Topic: Reintro
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!

I'm reintroducing myself 'cause I'm hoping to be able to get back into the writing here at Hatrack. My prior time here was amazing, and I expect no less this time around.

The last two years have been especially difficult, but at last my boys are growing up and I hope to find the peace of mind to focus on writing. Writing speculative fiction, that is, 'cause I have written and published creative nonfiction and poetry in the interim.

In specfic I tend to write dark and extremely short. My writing is too dense, I think, and I hope to fix that. I have no shortage of ideas, but I live too much in my head, and I tend to skip steps in the stories and thus leave folks scratching their heads...

Anyway, hope to be here on a regular basis, and as always, kudos to Kathleen and Scott and all thems that makes this place special.

Edited to add: Loving the whole Treehouse thing! Gonna have to see sometime if we can get the unicorn from hell and Tom the Bastard (Liberty Hall's mascot and resident bastard) together. I'd pay money to see that, I think.

[This message has been edited by mikemunsil (edited June 28, 2011).]

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

In that case welcome back. Hope you can find your answers here... most probably you can but it's also up to you.

Other than UF I'm not that much into dark even though I have written a couple of longer dark stories.

But do enjoy your time here, I may give your stories a try anyway a change now and then can be good.

But at Liberty Hall just tell everyone Tom is a floor and they can spit on him.
Sounds like he's already a cat.

Posts: 4896 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back.
Posts: 3940 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long time no see...
Posts: 8285 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back to the glorious Hatrack Treehouse!
Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDBHarlan
Member # 9557

- posted      Profile for MDBHarlan   Email MDBHarlan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have similar problems with my writing. Good luck! I am totally new here.
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mikemunsil!
Posts: 1023 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, all!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.