Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Voices in my head

Author Topic: Voices in my head
Michael S
Member # 9575

- posted      Profile for Michael S   Email Michael S         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are voices in my head and they are demanding to be put to paper, or is that pixels in the computer world?

Seriously I'm a father of two that has daydreamed stories in my head since I was a boy but never put to paper.

Love to read books both Sci-fi and Fantasy.

I think its time I try again with the writing and want to hone it to where its a reasonable story that can be told to others especially to my kids.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4406 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Howdy there

Yes, it is time you start writing

and this here place is one of great places to learn.

As to those new fangled writing devices called computers; me and a couple people I know just say electrons as in "put it on paper or electrons".

And partner, evidently you're not the only one to hear voices, there's at least one other one here that does. Well, we all do in a way.

But as you explore the old treehouse be careful, there's a filly of a unicorn who can be right mean if she gets it in her mind.

Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDBHarlan
Member # 9557

- posted      Profile for MDBHarlan   Email MDBHarlan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel. My characters like to talk to me too, especially when I am taking my daily walk.
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. The best way to learn to write is to just write.

Of course we have all kinds of help here on getting to the writing part.

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathiS
Member # 9542

- posted      Profile for KathiS   Email KathiS         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Michael. Yes, I hear voices as well. My characters are always talking to me. Sometimes it can get quite annoying. ;-0

kls

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Michael! Glad to have you and your voices. The more, the merrier!
Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Michael.
Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A slightly belated welcome to the Hatrack Treehouse!
Posts: 447 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.