Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » About me

Author Topic: About me
Timothy J. Suhr
Member # 10475

- posted      Profile for Timothy J. Suhr           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technical Product Designer by trade aspiring creative writer by nature. Want to bring interest to process and tool documents by folding a story around the details. Stories tell us how to live. Great plots would bring inspiration to read lage how to do a thing.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4406 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Timothy. Glad to have you.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. Jump write in,the water's fine.

Phil.

Posts: 1605 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy how-tos in most every area except creative writing. The latter become too much trite and worn formulas that imply or insist they are the right and true way and show a writer's hand on the tiller for no persuasive purpose. Plus, they usually miss fundamentals and rationales thereof and leave essential gaping chasms unspanned.

A story wrapped around a tool document strikes me as intriguing, of a tool and uses nature, sort of documentary, sort of dramatic, sort of personal and private complications from tools and their uses, and their want and problem satisfactions. "The Proper Use and Application, Direction, and Instruction of a Claw Hammer as Malingerer Incentivizer." "Bubba Luke and the Fifth Wheel Operator." "3-D Printers Forge Practical Irony." "The Househusband and the Trailer Kingpin. Irony!?

Welcome to a river of the rack for creative hats.

Posts: 5160 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spiringwriter
Member # 10479

- posted      Profile for spiringwriter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlexHendry
Member # 10482

- posted      Profile for AlexHendry           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I am a professional academic writer at one of the leading dissertation help services providing company in UK who help university students to write an assignment, dissertation, essay and coursework.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.