FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 15)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
BraveSirRobin
Member # 6894

- posted      Profile for BraveSirRobin           Edit/Delete Post 
btw - what is osc's mail address or can that not be put up or something because i cant find it
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
They do not post a direct e-mail address for OSC -- however, if you click on the "OSC HELP DESK" link above and fill out the information you want to send him on that page, it will probably get to him.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been sneaking around here for months but never posted until today. Been a fan of Ender's Game and Speaker for 13 years now... can't wait for Shadow of the Giant!
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamikaze
Member # 6920

- posted      Profile for kamikaze   Email kamikaze         Edit/Delete Post 
i owe all my gratitude to OSC, for he brought out the inovated reader within me. Not until last year have i ever spent my personal time eyeing a book with interest, lol... His Ender's series was what intrigued me and gave me enjoyment in reading books with such passion.It started in middle school during 7th grade when my class had to find a book to read for a book report. That is when i first found Enders Game on the shelf of my schools library. I probably read about 35 pages before i gave up and got a F on my book report, hahahhaa, but not until high school as a sophmore did i find Ender's Game again on the shelves in my high school library. This time i finished the book and really loved the book. After that i've read the entire Ender's series and now as i'm in my last year in high school. Currently on the 4th volume of the HomeComing Series.

add one more to the growing number of members in Hatrack's forum [Wave]

-John

[ October 09, 2004, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: kamikaze ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been sneaking around here for months but never posted until today. Been a fan of Ender's Game and Speaker for 13 years now... can't wait for Shadow of the Giant!
wow I really need to get my eyes checked. I read that as "I've been streaking around here for months" Welcome to hatrack Defenestraitor though you're probably less of a newbie than I.
And to you as well kamikaze welcome! [Hat]

Edit: spelling of course

[ October 12, 2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: alath ]

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I finally decided to join an online community. I figured this one would be the best for me to join, what with OSC being the person who's taught me more about writing than anyone on earth. I aspire to be a similar writer of excellent science fiction. I'm currently a student of professional writing at BYU-Idaho (Yes, I am a Mormon for those who recognized the acronym). I'm originally from a little town in North Carolina called Hendersonville (If you drive south of Asheville and come upon an unusually high number of traffic lights, that's Hendersonville). I just bought "The Crystal City" last night and, after reading the acknowledgments decided to join the group. The name Boris comes from a guy I met in Twin Falls, Idaho, who, upon seeing me in a black trench-coat, started calling me Boris (he said it was because I looked like the Rocky and Bullwinkle Boris, Even though I'm tall and chubby and he's short and chubby). Normally I hate nicknames, but I liked Boris, so I kept the name. So anyway, that's me. Hurrah. [The Wave] Heh, those are cool [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
HI Boris. Boris...Boris...Boris

I like the way that name rolls out of the mouth.

Boris!

Welcome!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
I'm originally from a little town in North Carolina called Hendersonville (If you drive south of Asheville and come upon an unusually high number of traffic lights, that's Hendersonville)
Oh my goodness! I just read this. I love Hendersonville! I lived in Rutherfordton for awhile. That's where my parents live. [Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Rutherfordton, love that place [Smile] (For those not from NC, it's pronounced Ruthfordton :>)
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

My family and I have always pronounced it Rutherfordton.

Now the locals, they say "Ralphton".

Boris
Member # 6935

Well, I guess it's just my dad and a few others that pronounce it Ruthfordton. I tend to generalize things like that [Smile]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I thought I'd bump this for the newbies because it has fallen down quite a ways, and we've had several newbies lately -- hope they take the time to introduce themselves...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demosthenes_08
Member # 7058

- posted      Profile for Demosthenes_08   Email Demosthenes_08         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy fellas
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osc'solderthanmeafterall
Member # 7054

- posted      Profile for osc'solderthanmeafterall   Email osc'solderthanmeafterall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi you guys. I posted on "Sorry" but I'm coming here to introduce myself too. I just discovered OSC in August and I'm reading Children of the Mind now -- I read the "Homecoming: Earth" series too, and discovered OSC through _Rebecca_. (_Rebekah?_). Whatever. My 14 year old stepdaughter has read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Someone said today that Shadow of the Hegemon is more kid-friendly than Speaker, etc. Whaddya think? Christie
Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Love your username, Christie.

Welcome to Hatrack.

Not sure what you mean by "kid-friendly". All three of my kids read all of the series', and liked them all fine.

Farmgirl

osc'solderthanmeafterall
Member # 7054

- posted      Profile for osc'solderthanmeafterall   Email osc'solderthanmeafterall         Edit/Delete Post 
My stepdaughter said that Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow appealed to her more because they were about kids. The clerk at Barnes and Noble (I know, bad me for shopping at B&N, but I wanted to buy her several books and figured they'd have them all) said Ender is such a different character in Speaker, etc. that she didn't really get it as a kid, and that she did get/like the Shadow series -- I understood her to say that the characters in the Shadow series had more continuity from book to book, but I haven't read them. Christie
Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hmmm.. I'm trying to think of why she would say it that way.

Perhaps it is because Ender appears to be more of an "adult" (mentally, and in deed) in the latter parts of the Ender series, while in the Shadow series, Bean & Petra and dealing with young adult issues.

So I guess, yes, now that I think of it that way, Ender does seem so much "older" (even though he isn't, really) as he goes through the Ender series of books, while Bean seems to age more gradually.

Or perhaps the clerk just read them at different stages of her own life, thus coloring her own feelings about them.

Farmgirl

Stiricide
Member # 7067

- posted      Profile for Stiricide   Email Stiricide         Edit/Delete Post 
that's it, fine, i quit, i cave, i'm joining. so i've been reading OSC for what feels like ever, tho i know it can't be more then 6 years. I'm a voracious reader, but i tend to fall into authors - i'll read everything they ever write, and then frantically search for someone i don't hate. i plowed trough most of asimov and bradbury in middle/high school, since then i've been working on OSC, Poppy Z Brite, and F Paul Wilson. Poppy and OSC don't seem to write fast enough for me to ever really be satisfied, luckily, most of wilson's stuff is out of print, so finding it is also like a treasure hunt. even if i still just plow through the book in 5 hours, like i do with everything. (i finished crystal city over thanksgiving break, in about 6. i blame reading in the car.)

so what do i do when i've run out of books? besides lurk on forums and update my livejournal page? i'm a Communications student at Beloit College, in Beloit, WI. Hopefully, I'll be graduating this May. I don't like to think about what comes after that, mostly because i haven't figured it out yet. I grew up outside of Philadelphia, in Bryn Mawr, a college town in every sense of the words. Man, do I ever miss my used bookstore.

So that's me. Hi. I don't know if I'll be around as much as I think i'd like to be, but i suppose I'll de-lurk for the occasional thread.

~m'ris

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginosion
Member # 7066

- posted      Profile for Ginosion   Email Ginosion         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I kinda already inda introduce myselft I'n the determine post I made a little bit ago. But here I got. My name is Tanner, I live in ogden utah (no I'm not morman). I'm an animater, I animate little cartoons with flash. If you want to see some of my stuff go to Ginosion.deviantart.com or ginosion.sheezyart.com . Well, what else, I've only read Ender's game and Speaker for the dead but I've fallin in love with them. And, thats really about it. Oh yeah, this is my favorite smillie: [The Wave]
Posts: 72 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Stiricide and Ginosion! [Wave]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I joined recently and finally clicked on this thread and like the idea. I learned about OSC on a BYU sports board and got my hands on the recent book with 3 stories (can't remember what it is called but it has the short Ender's Game and a story about Ender's father and about Jane), then had to get Ender's Game and the rest is history.

I recently finished the Alvin series (after reading all the Ender-related books) and have also read Lovelock, Enchantment, Pastwatch, Worthing Chronicles, Stone Tablets...that may be it. I have been hesitant about the "Earth" series because I fear they will skew my future reading of their original source. Anyone find that to be the case?

I live in Muncie, Indiana and am faculty at the local university here. Have never been much of a liesure reader until a few years ago and OSC has very much helped reinvigorate a passion for reading.

By the way, can one still enjoy "Lost Boys" after having seen "The Sixth Sense" and having heard that that movie kind of spoils this book? What do you think?

Thanks for the space and for all your perspectives on OSC.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Popcornbaby
Member # 7046

- posted      Profile for Popcornbaby   Email Popcornbaby         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! Just wandered in from PWeb.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello Scooter and popcornbaby and all the other newbies! [Wave]

Feel free to join us in more lively discussion on the other half of this forum -- a little more activity over there.

Scooter - I've read Lost Boys but I haven't seen the Sixth Sense, so I can't answer your question. Although I do think that has been discussed on here before, so someone will probably reply to that.

Farmgirl

edit: In fact, HERE is a thread that talks about it some -- and many say they don't see any similarity between the book and the movie.

[ November 29, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome popcorn baby!!!!!!!!!
[The Wave]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm new here. I am an OSC addict, I have read the whole Enderverse series about 80 times (as I'm sure most of us have [Wink] )

OSC's writing really helped me out about 2 years ago when my dad died, reading speaker for the dead filled my mind with so many new ideas and ways to look at life, it also answered a few questions that I really needed to know at that time.

My favorite band is The Clash [Cool]

Right now I've just started The Seventh Sun and it looks very interesting and I hope it will live up to what i've heard and the magnificant work that OSC has done before.

[ November 30, 2004, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: ChaosTheory ]

Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorpheusX
Member # 7076

- posted      Profile for MorpheusX   Email MorpheusX         Edit/Delete Post 
Fan of OSC since I first read Ender's game when I was 13 (am 31 now).

Hands down, Uncle Orson is my favorite science fiction writer alive.

But after reading his views on politics, I am heart broken.
Hearing him call himself a Democrat, yet disparraging the philosphies at the very core of the Dem ideology and consistently validate the most abhorrent and solipsistic policies of what history will show to be the most corrupt and destructive administration ever to come to power, just smacks of a Black Klansman to me.

Love his books. Hate his politics. I guess it's true what they say about the liberal to conservative shift that occurs with aging.

But.. my God... Such a keen intellect as OSC turning a blind eye to such ruinous social policies and the institution of a textbook definition Fascist government with devastating shockwaves that will ripple throughout the future for generations... It's sheer dissonance...

Playing Devil's Advocate is alright and even exposing hypocrisy or incompetence in your own party is intellectually admirable.

But acting as a rubber stamp for George W. Bush... It's like unleashing the Little Doctor upon this country.

I guess it's true... This is truly the New Civil War. Red and Blue states playing North vs South.

And in that case, I agree with Bill Maher in regards to the South. .. "Upon further consideration... you CAN go."

I'll still buy his books, but I'm afraid my admiration ends with his writing skill and storytelling ability. Ya broke my heart, Mr. Card.

Finding out that OSC is another Zell Miller, was like when I first realized that Dennis Miller was a closet right wing Republican. Complete shocker. Nothing in his humor or material even hinted at it. It's the same with OSC's writings.

Yeah, I know.. I know.. This is supposed to be a "Hi everyone! My name is Bob!" kind of topic, but the pain of the discovery is too fresh, too raw... Like having just walked in on your mate in bed with someone else... I've spent the last few hours reading many of his articles and forum member posts about his affiliations and affinities, etc., in utter disbelief.

Now, I'm just waiting for Jesus to come back and declare himself a Muslim...

[ December 01, 2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: MorpheusX ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to MorpheusX (if I remembered your username correctly).

I share your passion for the works of OSC. However, I wonder if you realize that you probably insulted a large contingent of this board, of if you were trying to do so. You essentially told us that anyone who sees things as OSC must be pretty out of it. It's not like he just throws out support for the administration or certain policies without explaining his positions. Regardless of what I or anyone else believes, I find him to make very rational points, well supported by logic and reason and often by documented evidence. I find it ironic that you accuse him of dissonance when that may be exacly what you struggle with... broadly dismissing his well-reasoned articles because they don't match your beliefs/perspectives as if he offered no intelligent support of his views (at least that is how you come across to me).

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I personally welcome your thoughts and perspective and this is a simple reaction to them. I find it difficult to simply dismiss OSC's opinions regarless of my own perspective on a topic (and admittedly we agree on many things).

Have a good read of the Alvin series...I really enjoyed them, especially the early books. [Hat]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm Sylvain and I'm French. I read all books of the Ender's story and the Bean's story (without the fourth). I live in Paris in France, and I'm engineer. My favorite hobby is chess. Sorry for my bad English (this is not my strong point).
I join you because I appreciate These books. Many Ideas are very interesting in social network and social psychology (my actual interest center). So I hope to discuss with you about that, and to confront my "elder continent" point of view with the yours.

See you soon in the Forum !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy to all new members. I've only been here a short while myself [Wink] but enjoy

[The Wave]

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, all I'm new. I'm 15 years old, I've read all the Ender books and all the Shadow books so far. I'm now starting to get into some other OSC books, but there's so many, where to start?
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, I suppose I might as well make an introduction post.

As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm Canadian. Originally from a small city called Miramichi, currently living in my province's capital Fredericton while I attend university.

I'm 20 years old and I plan to teach high school, specifically English and History. Since I was very young I always loved to read, and my dream was to become a writer. After I got older I realized that I was not a very good writer and I got much more enjoyment from reading and discussing books than I ever did from writing.

Just how cool is this Card guy? That's a rhetorical question, he freaking awesome! I've read everything Enderverse related as well as Pastwatch, The Worthing Saga, and Homebody. Don't make me choose a favorite!

I’m not sure if I’ll be a real regular here or not. Since there’s no new book until March I suppose I might end up slipping away for a while.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I was going to say "welcome Mark"....but....

I have just learned to never click on someone's "homepage" listed in their personal profile, while I'm at work....

disgusting.

Farmgirl

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just from glancing at the URL, I expect that my work's smartfilter would block me from reaching the site.

Mark, check out the other forum--the "Books, Films, Food and American Culture" one. You'll find that it's less OSCentric, and probably more capable of holding your interest over the long haul.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
My sincerest apologies to Farmgirl, Noemon and anyone else who saw that site. I have no idea how it got there myself.

I deleted it without even looking at it.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi [Wave]
I'm new (obviously) and I am an avid OSC reader. I keep all 25+ books of his that I own in a place of honour on mt bookshelf. I own all of the Ender/Bean books, all the Alvin books, all the homecoming books and a lot more [Big Grin] I live in Toronto, Canada, and probably will lurk around here for a couple months before I start posting. In my spare time I play hockey and the bass guitar and like to read and play axis and allies on my computer. I am in a band called Desperate Measures, and my favourite band is Metallica. So if there's anything else you want to know about me, speak up.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjmelberg
Member # 7099

- posted      Profile for jjmelberg   Email jjmelberg         Edit/Delete Post 
i posted for the first time today. been looking at the website for a few months and read EG 6 years ago. hooked on that series ever since, but honestly....i dont even like to read.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So if there's anything else you want to know about me, speak up.
What would YOU do with a hundred grand?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
A) bribe the NHL to come back and play [Frown]
B) buy all the OSC books that I don't own already
Hold on... 100 grand isnt enough for A. Oh well.

Anything else? [Big Grin]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjmelberg
Member # 7099

- posted      Profile for jjmelberg   Email jjmelberg         Edit/Delete Post 
buy stock so i could retire early
Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody. I read the Ender/Bean series a couple of years ago and I'm currently reading through them again. I figured since I usually end up here when reading one of Card's books I might as well register. I grew up in New Jersey(and go back there for holidays and summer), but I'm currently studying video game programming at Digipen institute of technology in Redmond, Wa. Uhhh, so, yeah, hey all. [Smile]
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, ninja, video games, talk about a dream job. . . I would love to do stuff like that.
Lots of programmers here, in fact I think Card's son Geoff is in video games, though I haven't seen him around lately.
Welcome to the forum everyone, I have to go now. [Wave]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff is indeed a video game designer. He posts intermittently -- hang around long enough, NB, and you'll see him (mostly over on the other side, though).

Welcome to Hatrack! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmzoller
Member # 7125

- posted      Profile for mmzoller   Email mmzoller         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I just joined and I started reading enders game and then I read Speaker for the Dead and then i read the whole series and this was like 3 years ago since then I have read all of the ender series and the bean series like 3 times each and i just found out about this website so i thought i would join it to see about it and to talk to ppl who read the same stuff that i read and thats me [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmzoller
Member # 7125

Hello I just joined and I started reading enders game and then I read Speaker for the Dead and then i read the whole series and this was like 3 years ago since then I have read all of the ender series and the bean series like 3 times each and i just found out about this website so i thought i would join it to see about it and to talk to ppl who read the same stuff that i read and thats me [Big Grin]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello mmzoller! [Wave] Welcome to Hatrack.

Glad you've enjoyed OSC's books as much as the rest of us.

I'm not too far away from you -- in Kansas. And we have at least one other Oklahoma person here that I know of.

So answer for me this constantly debated question from my office: "Are we supposed to tip the carhops at Sonic" or not? I always do. The guys here say no way.

Farmgirl

mmzoller
Member # 7125

well alot of ppl do tip and well that is really where i make all of my money because ive been there for a year and a half and so far no raise [Frown] still 5.15 an hour lol but we get to keep all of our tips we make so on average i make maybe 5 dollars in tips an hour i mean u dont have to tip but it would be nice [Wink]
gingerjam
Member # 7113

- posted      Profile for gingerjam   Email gingerjam         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i'm a newby from Perth, Western Australia!
I'm 23, have been hooked on Ender's since around 1994 and Shadow since then too... I alway seem to have at least one of the books next to my bed at all times!

I have to say I'm worried about the way the film will turn out seeing as I was irritated by the way Bean suddenly appeared on the scene as a main character in ES and kept second guessing Ender...but i love the series now!

What OSC says is true...Enders must really be the most "lost" book at libraries...I experienced it myself when I introduced it EG and ES to a 'friend' and my original copy of Enders Game mysteriously got "packed in a box" of his... the months until i got a new copy were very strange!

I'm only just discovering the world of the net and so will be lurking while I try to figure out how being part of an online community works [Smile]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, mmzoller and gingerjam! [Big Grin]

Another Perthite (Perthian? Perthan?), eh? We have a couple Hatrackers from your neck of the woods already. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tykemerry
Member # 7126

- posted      Profile for tykemerry   Email tykemerry         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll introduce myself, though I suspect my age is quite a bit higher than the mean age here. I live in New York City, I've been reading OSC for quite a while now and happily have introduced him to my 14 year old son who is an even more avid reader. I'm a musician who does financial planning for a living. My other favorite authors in no particular order are Dickens, Asimov, Greg Bear, William Gibson, Faulkner, Hemingway, Arthur C. Clarke, Dorothy Sayers, and Rex Stout. Eclectic to say the least. I enjoy the Harry Potter books, but don't care for the Series of Unfortunate events, to my children's chagrin. Oh, and I can't get into Graemlins.

Cheers.

Mike

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuroraPhage
Member # 7127

- posted      Profile for AuroraPhage           Edit/Delete Post 
Please excuse me for not taking the time to read all of this post.

I joined because of a search for Philotics on google, and found a thread in a forum, about philotics, and its question wasnt answered so I registered and answered to the best of my ability.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.