FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » To Geoffrey (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To Geoffrey
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if this has been answered already... do you plan on becoming an author and continuing OSCs books?
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
He is an author.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

do you plan on becoming an author and continuing OSCs books

Is it just me, or does this statement imply that you believe OSC to be somehow incapable of doing it himself? I do believe he is still alive and kicking (kicking is good... he does own ornery.org ) down in Greensboro.

Man... I was hoping for some kind of teary-eyed love letter to Geoff. That would have been some kind of entertainment!

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DragonArin14
Member # 3116

- posted      Profile for DragonArin14           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Primal Curve, so was I. quite disappointing indeed...
Posts: 463 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
To Geoffrey

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance of nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wandrest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growst
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

I just couldn't resist the temptation

[This message has been edited by Kama (edited June 04, 2002).]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, Geoffrey and I were doing just fine. Now after all this fawning, of course, I'll have to start being mean to him again.

Geoff, if I'm mean to you, it's these guy's fault. You goober.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BootNinja
Member # 2296

- posted      Profile for BootNinja   Email BootNinja         Edit/Delete Post 
that's one of my favorite shakespearian sonnets.
Posts: 557 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh! Forgive me for being ignorant! What has he published, by the way?
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.bookstore.byu.edu/catalog/product4603.html
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Come on, Juniper! You know you want some of that Geoffrey goodness (don't we all <le sigh> )!!! Let's hear it!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DragonArin14
Member # 3116

*laughs out loud*

*realizes people are looking at her a bit strangely, due to the fact that the rest of the room is silent*

How old is Geoff, anyway?

Posts: 463 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

He's too old for you, Dragon.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
But even though he is too old for you, chances are you'll end up dating him and becoming a Mormon. Ask anyone.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yes, he's the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints uber-secret Evangelical Super-Weapon!

Watch out!

Ralphie
Member # 1565

That is so true.
DragonArin14
Member # 3116

I am ashamed at how easily you have all discovered my ulterior motive for posting on this forum. Darn it.

Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
[clubbed in the head by flattery]

[falls unconscious]

Unfortunately, the Mormon Church's super-weapon is currently out of service ... I'm dating a Mormon girl

And, to answer the original question, I have way too much self-respect [read: EGO] to "continue" my father's books. I'd sooner write a fated-to-failure late-to-press novelization of an obscure independent niche film.

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Geoff, are you saying you're not going to go through your father's notes and find a "Lost" Ender book? Isn't that what everyone does?

Come on man, everybody's doin' it.

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... you could write a long and ponderous narritive about the background of Ender's Game and call it the Silmarri... nevermind.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have the stomach to READ a Silmarillion, much less write one. Besides, my dad doesn't go in for the fourth-grade-nerd hyper-intensive world-creation routine. Once his story is over, it's over. Nothing left to milk from it. I think he does that on purpose. Almost succeeded with Children of the Mind ...

But I wonder sometimes ... can a human being actually finish all the series my father has started?

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
We certainly hope that HE can.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BootNinja
Member # 2296

I sometimes wonder that too, and it makes me a little bit nervous contemplating the answer. I sure hope so. otherwise I'll be in sore shape indeed.
Posts: 557 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Hey, whats that supposed to mean?! And sorry, Geof, I've been very ignorant lately. AND I'D BE GRATEFUL IF THE STUPID PUBLIC LIBRARY ACTUAlLY HAD SOME BOOKS IN IT!!!
YuGiOh FoReVeR
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for YuGiOh FoReVeR   Email YuGiOh FoReVeR         Edit/Delete Post 
The posts here crack me up. I'm still trying to finish the Ender Quartet so don't mind me if I'm ignorant.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

What are you up to? And if you want funny, read AHitler's posts.
YuGiOh FoReVeR
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for YuGiOh FoReVeR   Email YuGiOh FoReVeR         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear I'm not up to anything *crosses her fingers behind her back*. I didn't do it. He did it *pointing to a person hidden in the shadows*.

I just find it funny how everyone is teasing Mr. Geoffrey Card. (Not mocking anyone. I'm innocent.)It reminds me of how my friends tease me and that just makes me laugh. AHitler's posts are "funny," but I needed a different kind of funny. Sorry, but I laugh at the most absurd things.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Hey Geoff! A girl called you "Mr."

Should we all start using the honorific?

<bows before the holy Geoffrey Card>

Adi Gallia
Member # 3561

- posted      Profile for Adi Gallia   Email Adi Gallia         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not very funny, Mr. Lane.
Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Whoa! Who just called me Mr. Lane? Geez, I sound like a high school guidance counselor. <shudders>

I don't want to start calling people "Chief."

Kama
Member # 3022

Sorry, wrong user name
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

You may call me Mistress Jedi, though.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

No, no... you've got the right username. Still... creepiness.
Kama
Member # 3022

Surely people sometimes call you that?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yeah, when I'm in trouble.

In polite conversation, I ask people to just call me Glynn.

Kama
Member # 3022

as for the username -I meant mine. I posted under a wrong one ... I know who you are, Mr. Lane
YuGiOh FoReVeR
Member # 3619

Don't tell me I'm the first one to call Mr. Geoffrey Card, Mister at this site? I'm horrified, although I don't think bowing is necessary.
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he's just a dude.

No, I think we were all in awe of him when we first understood that he was HE when he made himself known (after his stint as A Rat Named Dog). "You mean, that's YOUR name on the front page of Ender's Game?" But getting to know him, you'll feel really comfortable. You might even make fun of him.

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
...We're still trying to get Scott to come out and play.
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
You can be sure OSC prowls around the furoms in the shadows. Sometimes laughing, other times thinking " these lunatics or my fans." and times he just might blush from all the Praise we give him.

Hey Geoffry glad to see you hanging out in the psycho ward with us lunatics. Some one needs to keep us inline.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how often OSC actually lurks on here. He used to post more regularly, but I get the feeling he made the conscious decision not to hang out here as much and now only notices a thread if someone else in his family points it out to him.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Actually, Khav, I think people knew who Geoff was when he posted as "A Rat named Dog". He was still using that handle when I got here, and I remember knowing who he was.
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

And the scene is clear: In the darkness of midnight a crowd approaches a house. On the mail box three silver letters are written: OSC...
Hypnotized crazy fans bow: Hail, Orson Scott Card. Lord of sci-fi. We bow before you and pledge our full-fledged support to post crazy messages on your page and to annoy the heck out of hatrack staff and the card family.
Beware, MR geoffrey card... the crazy mob fans are coming for you next...

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I know that when I was first here, I had no clue that "Dog" was Geoff...
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YuGiOh FoReVeR
Member # 3619

I have no idea what you are all talking about because I'm very new here, only a few weeks old I'm afraid.
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Heeheehee... be afraid! Be very afraid! Sorry I'm high on sugar and I had 3 citywides in a row @_@
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwww! How touching!
Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BootNinja
Member # 2296

what's a citywide?
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

You don't know? It's a test that the whole city is standardized to take. i took a statewide today and i'm taking one tomorrow. And next monday. My head keeps spinning....
BootNinja
Member # 2296

the only standardized tests I ever had to take were the TAAS, or when I was really young, CAT, and TEAMS, and the SAT. never heard of a Citywide or a Statewide. where do you live?
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

Only in ny, baby!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.