FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Writes Videogame Script

Author Topic: OSC Writes Videogame Script
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
We just got a big update on OSC writing the script for a videogame called "Advent." Check out the full details at www.philoticweb.net.

Im totally stoked to see this game as well as read the book accompanying it.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
awesome
Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dominum
Member # 4933

- posted      Profile for Dominum   Email Dominum         Edit/Delete Post 
Those in the arena of video game production predict that in the next 10 years, directors and producers of video games will achieve the same amount of notariety that movie directors and producers do.

With talent like OSC writing the scripts, this seems very possible.

I WILL buy Advent, even if it is during Advent!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laniks Pants
Member # 5058

- posted      Profile for Laniks Pants   Email Laniks Pants         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all--long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm actually on the design team at GlyphX that is producing Advent. We just had a huge 8-page article covering our efforts (as well as a spiffy little interview with OSC himself) in Game Informer magazine--now available at your local magazine stand.

I'm impressed that some of you are already willing to purchase the game without hearing anything about it other than the welcome presence of OSC on board the project. Boy are you going to be surprised when you find out that it's actually just an FPS version of Scrabble! Trust me on this one, it's going to be fun. Vocaburiffic!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
This better not be like "Typing of the Dead" that was released for Dreamcast just before its untimely demise. What a wierd game, it gave you a word to type in a certain period of time, and if you typed it wrong, or didn't finish, a zombie ate you or something. Wierd.

I have an image of the box art somewhere around here... in my "engrish" folder, there it is!

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering what platform the game will be on. I wont go as far as Dominum and say I will buy the game but with OSC wrighting for it I will definatly consider it even if it's not my normal type of game.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh.... I missed the update about the video game on the hatrack home page until now. Now I feel like an idiot!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm incredibly curious which GlyphX team member has gotten into Lanik's Pants ...

Advent's going to be an XBox game (since it's basically impossible to make a hi-tech edgy game on any other console), and even at these early stages, it looks amazing. GlyphX's record as an art house is impeccable, and it looks like they're getting some exciting new gameplay in there, too. I'd buy it if I weren't planning on wheedling a free copy from the developers [Smile]

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's gonna be PC as well, neh?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morpheus God
Member # 5183

- posted      Profile for Morpheus God   Email Morpheus God         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye! No pc? Aww...I don't have an XBox, and I don't really want to spend that much money on an Xbox when I don't play any of my other systems besides my computer. Enough about me...Does anyone know when Advent is predicted to come out?
Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Is nobody excited about the BOOK TRILOGY that he'll be writing based on the premise of the video game(aliens trying to destroy Earth before they[Earthlings] can unite the universe)?!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
No, frisco, we don't really like to read books over here.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently not.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.