FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » sweet

Author Topic: sweet
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
i was at the airport yesterday, and i had a long flight with two connections. I was hoping to find a book that i might like, but i usually don't like the ones they sell at the airport... so i walked into the store in the airport, and behold at #7 was Shadow Puppets, the book i was hoping to find!

And what an excellent book it was, I read it in two days...

Does anyone know if there is going to be another book in the Ender Saga, because the ending was left kind of open.....

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Shadow Puppets isn't really a book in the Ender series. It's a part of the Shadow series. There is a rumored "linking book" that will link and conclude both the Shadow and Ender series. That's all I know.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I just emailed them about that, and apparently, yes, There is definately going to be one.
Its no longer a rumour.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alai
Member # 1663

- posted      Profile for Alai   Email Alai         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, it was NEVER a rumor... Calvin Maker was emailing OSC and the subject came up of whether or not there was going to be another book in the series AFTER Shadow of the Giant, and OSC said THEN that TOR had a contract on the table about a "linking book" taking place AFTER Children of the Mind.

There are two more books, the 4th and final book of the Bean saga... Shadow of the Giant. And then the yet untitled "linking book".

Posts: 872 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm excited to see how Bean's and Ender's works meet and collaborate, I still wonder whether the "linking book" will expand on the descoladores. I hope so.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... Having something more about the descaladores would be interesting, I wonder if it would fit the books though. These books are not science fiction. If there was a Genre "human nature" then these books would be it.

The descaladores would have to be some source of angst I think to be included,
Or for all we know,
maybe they are the link between the series. I suppose all we can do is watch and wait.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
sweet so there is at least one more left... when is it coming out
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There are actually at least TWO left, as far as I can tell.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.