FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » "Turning Hearts" author Zina Peterson

Author Topic: "Turning Hearts" author Zina Peterson
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
In 1994, Orson Scott Card co-edited an anthology of inspirational short stories about family life titled Turning Hearts.

Unfortunately, most of these stories were not the type that appealed to me. However, I did enjoy Zina Peterson's "Now We Dance".

Does anyone know anything about Zina Peterson? Has she written anything else? If so, where can I find it?

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't find anything about her. Maybe she was a one-shot deal.

I found this page though. Her name is the very last on the list. OSC is on there as well.

Nothing very helpful there, I'm afraid.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
More linkage .Near the bottom of the page.

quote:
Zina Peterson
Latter-day Saint. Lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, Zina Peterson. Participated in a panel discussion ("Fantasy and Reality in LDS Media") at the 2nd LDS Film Festival, held in Provo, Utah in November 2002.

Apparently her husband's name is also Zina Peterson. [Razz]
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bumping this very old thread because I just read through "Turning Hearts" myself (and this was the only thread I could find about it.

Some of the stories I could not relate to because, obviously, the whole anthology tells you in advance that this collection is specifically targeted to LDS (Mormon) families, and are all stories about Mormon family life. However, I still found it overall very interesting and positive.

There were a couple of the stories I liked especially well.

I was just wondering why OSC doesn't have 'Turning Hearts' listed (that I can see) under his OSC Library listing on Hatrack. He had one story in the collection, and was the overall editor/compiler, I believe, of the other authors' works.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.