FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Endercon?

Author Topic: Endercon?
Lee M.
Member # 5203

- posted      Profile for Lee M.   Email Lee M.         Edit/Delete Post 
What is a Endercon...I have a pretty good idea on what it is...is it a Convention where Ender Fans come and meet? If this is partially right...could someone fill me in on the rest.

-Lee

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Lee;

First off, it is "an" Endercon.

Secondly, it isn't an "is" sort of thing. It "was."

It was a small convention of Ender's Game fans, set up at Utah Valley State College in Orem, to celebrate the 25th (right? someone correct me) anniversary of the publication of the short story that eventually became Ender's Game.

It had OSC (of course) who read from some new fiction he wrote about Ender (well, his parents), trivia contests, Janis Ian (the singer), and presentations by a lot of interesting people on various different subjects.

All in all, quite a lot of fun. And this is its one-year anniversary.

According to OSC (and it would be really great if I were proven wrong on this), it was the first and last annual Endercon.

We'll see.

--Steve

[ July 12, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: ssywak ]

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
It took place last year. It was a two or three day thing with OSC and fans. I think bootcamp (for writers) started right after it. A bunch of Jatqueros got together beforehand and had a picnic.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee M.
Member # 5203

- posted      Profile for Lee M.   Email Lee M.         Edit/Delete Post 
OK...thanks...my insatiable crave for the bit of knowledge has been cured..thanks
-Lee

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.