FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Crystal City Ch. 1

Author Topic: Crystal City Ch. 1
Stradling
Member # 1182

- posted      Profile for Stradling   Email Stradling         Edit/Delete Post 
Public Service Announcement:

Get over to
http://www.rhinotimes.com/greensboro/story01.html

and enjoy chapter 1 of Crystal City.

Chapter 2 is apparently coming next week.

Alden

Posts: 90 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will
Member # 5412

- posted      Profile for Will   Email Will         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it very entertaining that OSC is not allowed to post a preview of his novel on his website due to complaints from big bookstore chains, but he is allowed to publish a preview in a local newspaper with a limited distribution which also happens to put everything they print on the web a week later. Very slick. I hope it is noticed and missed by all the right people. [Wink]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not posting a preview. It's using US serialization rights which Scott always retains on his novels.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will
Member # 5412

- posted      Profile for Will   Email Will         Edit/Delete Post 
It amounts to the same thing, though.

I'm glad to find out it's legal and look forward to the next weekly installment.

[ July 14, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Will ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skantman
Member # 4841

- posted      Profile for skantman   Email skantman         Edit/Delete Post 
The bad part is I missed Part 1 and now I'm SOL. No way am I going to start with part 2. Guess I'll have to wait for the hardcover to finally get my Alvin Maker fix after all these years. Probably just as well. Reading the first few pages probably would have just driven me crazy because I couldn't keep reading until the book was done, instead of sleeping, which is what will happen, LOL.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stradling
Member # 1182

Skant - I think I have a text version. You want it?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
What Scott used to do was publish the enter manuscript online for those interested. This is not the whole thing. That's the biggest difference.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stradling
Member # 1182

kacard - Would OSC object to my posting Part 1 here? It has disappeared on RhinoTimes. I have the allowed 1 electronic copy on my drive here right now.

Alden

[ July 22, 2003, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Stradling ]

Penguinevere
Member # 5167

- posted      Profile for Penguinevere   Email Penguinevere         Edit/Delete Post 
If and when it gets posted here, Scott will do it. Right now we are letting the Rhino have their exclusive serial rights.
Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elith
Member # 1520

- posted      Profile for elith   Email elith         Edit/Delete Post 
It hasn't disappeared -- you just have to access chapter 1 through the archives now.

http://www.rhinotimes.com/greensboro/archives/071003/story01.html

Probably the same will happen with chapter 2 in a week or so.

elith

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skantman
Member # 4841

- posted      Profile for skantman   Email skantman         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh happy day. Thanks for the heads up elith. That made my morning. Good stuff, I can't wait to read more!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.