FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » "Mazer Rackham" novel

Author Topic: "Mazer Rackham" novel
sve
Member # 5456

- posted      Profile for sve           Edit/Delete Post 
So I stumbled upon an interview with Orson Scott Card done in InQuest magazine (http://www.members.aol.com/Brickman5/newpage21.htm), and OSC makes brief mention of the capstone novel in the Enderverse being called "Mazer Rackham." I don't know when this interview took place, but does anyone know more about this project and whether it will indeed come to fruition? If this interview was in the pre-Shadow days, then I'm guessing that OSC shelved the Mazer Rackham project and instead decided to focus on Bean. Has anyone heard about this project?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Last I heard there was going to be an audio short story about Mazer, not a novel. Haven't heard anything about a release yet, though.

Welcome to Hatrack!

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eiskalte
Member # 5438

- posted      Profile for Eiskalte   Email Eiskalte         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask youself this, do we NEED these millions of Enderverse books?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles7782
Member # 5214

- posted      Profile for Charles7782   Email Charles7782         Edit/Delete Post 
if Mr.Card likes to write ender books and people buy em then its not up to the few to say we need em or not he writes what he likes he is an artist after all.

[ August 01, 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Charles7782 ]

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
They still sell well, so people still like em, apparently.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ask youself this, do we NEED these millions of Enderverse books?
I'd make that argument about tolkien, but only because he didn't do anything else. If Card wants to create a universe like tolkien did, I completely support it.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee M.
Member # 5203

- posted      Profile for Lee M.   Email Lee M.         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,Yes we do....well thats wut I think,thats why I enjoy OSC literature so much,becasue of the Ender Sagas
Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently asked the Cards about the Mazer audio story, and so far, it's at least on hold, if it even happens.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if a Mazer Rackham novel would be all too interesting, but if anyone can do it, it's OSC. [Big Grin]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bricks-N-Sandwiches
Member # 5603

- posted      Profile for Bricks-N-Sandwiches   Email Bricks-N-Sandwiches         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a great prequal....and perhaps have alternating chapters as the hivequeens try and interpret the strange behavior of this planets "Drones" tell the first war from both sides then the second...probably in the same set...Oh I wish for too much though...if the idea has already been relegated to *shudders* audio then what hope do we have of learning more about the origins of the conflict that lead to EG.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a good idea, bricks - to "hear" the hivequeen and her workers conversing - what would you say to describe how they converse? Telepathic communication? I also agree - this couldn't get too descriptive or it may contradict all of the Ender and Shadow books... not that OSC would let that happen. [Big Grin]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine it would be similar in structure to the story of the Hectors in The Monkeys Thought 'Twas All in Fun from Maps. Too complex a structure to use for a whole novel, but I think I might be disappointed if the tale of the Hive Queen were shortened too much, so I'd probably end up dissatisfied in some way. Of course, I'd still buy it and read it and love it, but that's me.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.