FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » The OSC Movies

Author Topic: The OSC Movies
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, no moans about, "Oh, not this question again." First of all, I'm not asking about the Ender's Game movie. We pretty much know where that is at. What about "Dogwalker" and "My One and Only" (and any others I missed)? Any updates at where these are at in the process of getting on the big screen? So you know, I have checked out all the usual sites for this information and have not seen a recent update posted.
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I am also very curious about Dogwalker.

I met the (supposed) director of that film like, 3 years ago or so, but have heard nothing since then. I know Geoff was supposed to be working up a screenplay.

What's the news on the screenplay, Geoff?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
My game is crunching right now, so the screenwriting work is slow. Have patience!
Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
If I have to, I will beat you with a stick to make you go faster.

Don't make me get the stick.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. I know Geoff was supposed to be working up a screenplay.

Wow. How'd he get that job! [Eek!]
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Thor, I hafta admit, you are funny as hell lately.
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
I challenged my dad to a game of Risk. I won, so I got to write the screenplay.

More to the point, before Card hired me to adapt his stories, I was already a published author in my own right. So, no griping, okay Thor? [Smile]

[ July 29, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Geoffrey Card ]

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
:giggles up a storm at the Risk reference:
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Geoffrey,

I work for Skywalker Sound and would LOVE to try to do the post production audio here or somehow be involved with ANY of the movie projects. If you ever come out to the San Francisco Bay Area, I'd love to give you a tour of Skywalker Ranch.

Peace,
Christopher

Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff, sometime you have to explain to us your family's modified Risk rules.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
For each set of matching cards you trade in, you can EITHER get armies or rights to various movie properties. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
And whatever country is on the card is where the movie will be shot?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

Thanks for the update Geoff. Of course, you getting married hasn't helped the process go any faster, has it? [Big Grin]

Are you working on just Dogwalker or did you "win" the "privilege" of writing others, also?

Reading comments from 2000 and 2001 it sounded like we'd be seeing some movies soon. I suppose this is why most often such information is kept hush hush so we don't get over anxious.

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
....Dear god... So I was just in the living room for 6 hours playing the blasted game, We ended up trucing to prevent the deaths of roman numerals... (after we got rid of everyone else we were so frustrated/irritated we decided to end it there.. start acting really wierd if you play that game too long..) - and then i came to the computer to get away from it- and whatdo I find on here??? More Risk!.. I gotta hide...

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

Sir Montague or Sir Monte-Acuto? Is it you, Drogo?

[ August 05, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: bCurt ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.