FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Illusionists/Illuminatie

Author Topic: Illusionists/Illuminatie
j0ntar
Member # 1352

- posted      Profile for j0ntar   Email j0ntar         Edit/Delete Post 
Since your all pretty intelligent here, i thought this might be interesting for you. It not your usual tear down the system, "anarchy rules", conspiracy theory. It has heart and basis its entire set of rules on Imagination. Needless to say the man has done his homework, spiritually and scholarly. He had me woo'ed for a few hours of reading. You shouldnt have to ask what this has to do with OSC, most of his books are written with Great Imagination.

**note that is part 1, there are 5 parts.

http://www.buildfreedom.com/news/archive.php?id=2592

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are the other parts?

It was an amusing read, but I don't buy it for a second. Sounds like someone has taken _Mage:the Ascension_ too seriously.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eiskalte
Member # 5438

- posted      Profile for Eiskalte   Email Eiskalte         Edit/Delete Post 
"Childhood dreams are all based on imagination, and when we either fulfill these dreams or abandon them, we feel a let down. We feel we are now entering into a different phase, one which demands more linear thinking and action."

Ambition, not imagination. There's quite a difference between the two.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eiskalte
Member # 5438

- posted      Profile for Eiskalte   Email Eiskalte         Edit/Delete Post 
Up untill a man is about twenty-five, he feels like he can be the most badass person on the street. Hey, i can go join a monastery and learn how to fight with swords. Or hey, i can spend every day of my life training with a gun and be the best shot in the world.
-inexact exerpt from Snow Crash

Its ambition that drives us, not imagination, therein lies the flaw of that peice literature.

[ July 31, 2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Eiskalte ]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.