FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » My 2 cents...

Author Topic: My 2 cents...
hal9000
Member # 5491

- posted      Profile for hal9000   Email hal9000         Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently finished all four of Ender's Quartet and Enders Shadow. Soon to start reading the other two books (Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets) I just wanna express my feelings on his books.

I started reading the first book; Enders Game, in 10th grade. I only found out about the book by my teacher making the whole class go out and buy the book and read it to take a test on and to discuss about. I bought the book in the following days. And starting reading it the first day I got it, then finished after the third night. I was so impressed of how OSC used human emotions and feelings and no feelings in a book, that could express so much. It was mind boggling. Soon after I slowly but surely read his other books.

Now im here writing this post at 12 past nightime on the verge of entering my final year in high school. I just want to say that his Enders books brought so much to me, when I felt like ending my life. When I felt that I was useless in this world, I could read his book and understand and think more about life than I ever could. His books made me think more about others than about myself. His books made me 2nd guess myself than thinking Im always right. So Thank you OSC for writing these books. You are such an inspiration to many, and I hope you continue to write such profounding books.

[ August 04, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: hal9000 ]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Hal. Your 2 cents goes a long way here at Hatrack.

We, however spend most of our time on the other side of the river under "Discussions about OSC" at the site concerning books, films, food, american culture. That is where most of the excitement is, and welcome to Hatrack.

[ August 04, 2003, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.