FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Which OSC book is currently on YOUR nightstand? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which OSC book is currently on YOUR nightstand?
Merlin The Sage
Member # 5931

- posted      Profile for Merlin The Sage           Edit/Delete Post 
None right now.....thy as read all of OSC books that ye is concerned with.

Weilder Of Excalibur
-Merlin

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Egad. I didn't know Merlin was illiterate.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roxy
Member # 3416

- posted      Profile for roxy   Email roxy         Edit/Delete Post 
Enchantment
Posts: 358 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ulyadd
Member # 5957

- posted      Profile for ulyadd   Email ulyadd         Edit/Delete Post 
It's called "The Salmon of Doubt" by Douglas Adams and it goes out to all of you highly recommended. in the way of the one who inspired this site I believe that "Shadow Puppets " will be next
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Prentice Alvin. I decided to reread the series before tackling Crystal City. It was a good move. There's so much detail I'd forgotten in the first two books.

I think I enjoy the Alvin Maker series more than any of the others. (Note - not wanting to debate this. Others are free to have other OSC works as their favorites - I won't say they're wrong.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrestling with the original Dune trilogy (Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune - All in one handy hardback) before i start on Shadow Puppets. So i will have one on my nightstand just not yet. Hmmm.... do i re-read the Thomas Covenant Chronicles or the Ender saga first? Decisions....
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the Lord of the Rings red leather collector's edition from Amazon. That's on my nightstand.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hasdy
Member # 5905

- posted      Profile for hasdy   Email hasdy         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished reading Ender's Shadow for the 3rd time and moving on to Shadow of the Hegemon. Looking forward to reading Puppets.

After that, I think I'll go back to reading the Alvin series and work my way up to Crystal City.

an den.... I'll go back to the Homecoming series.

It was only 3 weeks ago that I've rekindled my joy of reading fiction after years of not even picking up a book.

It's weird, ever since I started reading again.... i've been happier.... or content.... it's really odd.

oh... and I also have the first 3 books of the Hubbard's Mission Earth series on my night stand.

happy reading!! [Big Grin]

[ December 01, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: hasdy ]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I would read Homecoming first. It's the best OSC series. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hasdy
Member # 5905

- posted      Profile for hasdy   Email hasdy         Edit/Delete Post 
oh.... I've read them all before. It's just been so long since I have so I decided to go back to them.

I'll eventually get there! [Razz]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

*has read Homecoming eight times*
[Big Grin]

PetraFan
Member # 4735

- posted      Profile for PetraFan           Edit/Delete Post 
Currently near my bed is Earthborn, the last of the Homecoming series. Very good series I might add! [The Wave]

Also I have a very boring book by my bedside, but that's only for snoozing! [Sleep]

Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouljaKlipp
Member # 6092

- posted      Profile for SouljaKlipp   Email SouljaKlipp         Edit/Delete Post 
ES, SaH, Xenocide, Pastwatch, Enchantment, Memnoch the Devil, Illiad, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, The Seven Military Classics translation i got for Christmas which is wicked cool.
klipp

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magius
Member # 6091

- posted      Profile for Magius   Email Magius         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow Puppets is on my night stand, along with an Oxford English Dictionary [Wink] .
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fooglmog
Member # 6088

- posted      Profile for Fooglmog   Email Fooglmog         Edit/Delete Post 
I have about 2 dozen books on my nightstand, mainly because I never move them off it once I'm done with them. Only a few are OSC books, most that should be there have fallen onto the floor, but here are the ones which are still clinging to my nightstand (I just went and checked) Ender's Game, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Children of the Mind, Seventh Son, Read Prophet, Heartfire, The Call of Earth and The Abyss.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarecrow
Member # 6109

- posted      Profile for Scarecrow   Email Scarecrow         Edit/Delete Post 
ES, SotH, Dictionary of Quotations, Band of Brothers, Black Hawk Down couple of other military related ones
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackheartedwolf
Member # 6483

- posted      Profile for Blackheartedwolf   Email Blackheartedwolf         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I am re-reading Shadow of the Hegemon. I re-read Ender's Game, then Ender's Shadow... only to discover that I no longer had Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. I also have Shadow Puppets, but won't read it until I have re-read the rest of the series. I had to order everything on Amazon, used.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that the recent Dune books were mostly written by a ghost writer. [Dont Know]

[ April 23, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished Ships of Earth this afternoon and I can't find my copy of Earthfall anywhere!

*runs around in circles*

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Although I haven't got anything by OSC placed anywhere near my sleeping coordinates (other than here), there is a welcoming vacuum of dust-free surface upon which to rest, and a blank slate readership onto which might be inscribed the views of an insightful observer ("ticked off at the world I didn't create" perspectives, being the exception)

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetraFan
Member # 4735

- posted      Profile for PetraFan           Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment I am reading The Ships of Earth from the Homecoming series.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
First Meetings
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
Finished First Meetings last night. Now I'm on Enchantment.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&tvvisted
Member # 6494

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&tvvisted           Edit/Delete Post 
Xenocide.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
About to reread "Songmaster"
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Pastwatch.

I finished it, but it's still lying there on my nightstand..

..and I might re-read it. I really liked it that much.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Do folks actually keep their reading material on a night-stand?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

is there a job-board around here somewhere?

fallow

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reread Enders Game today (the novel not the short story) so I think I might start rereading speaker of the dead tomorrow. I won't finish it though, as I actually have work to do.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

Earthborn!
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wzrd
Member # 6526

- posted      Profile for wzrd   Email wzrd         Edit/Delete Post 
Pastwatch at the moment.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

finished Earthborn. I'm reading Songmaster now, but Pastwatch is next on my list.
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
The Memory of Earth.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
last one I read was Earthborn - the next one I want is Sarah.
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
:bump:

I know it's bad form to bump your own post, but I am curious once more what everyone is reading as they nod off. Mine is the trade paperback version of Maps in a Mirror.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Napster-{KD}-
Member # 6967

- posted      Profile for Napster-{KD}-   Email Napster-{KD}-         Edit/Delete Post 
I had Shadow Puppets, but I finished it and am now waiting for Shadow of the Giant

-Napster-{KD}-

Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loial
Member # 5788

- posted      Profile for Loial           Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the Yazoo Queen story from Legends II a few days ago. It was the first (and till now the only) story I read from that compilation.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.