FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC withdrawals for the weekend...

Author Topic: OSC withdrawals for the weekend...
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Something terrible happened to me today. I finally got The Seventh Son in the mail yesterday (good thing...) and today I took it to school with me to read in my spare time (or when the teachers are talking... [Big Grin] ) During the last bell of the day, the fire alarm went off, and everybody is walking around and some teacher says, "Come on, this is serious here, run, run, run!!!" and everybody laughs b/c there is always that one teacher that takes fire drills to the extreme and acts really funny when they take place. But when we get outside, they take us onto the football field and we're all just standing there. Finally the principal tells us that there was a chemical spill in a senior chem. class and that we won't be allowed back in the school until Monday. So my books and everybody else's are in the school!?!?!?! It's terrible!! What will I do without OSC... hail the Almighty OSC [Hail] !! And plus, it was a chemical spill - while it may be dangerous , I don't think it could possibly be dangerous enough to not let us back into the building. [Mad] [Grumble] They don't even let us deal with any volatile or dangerous chemicals!! [Mad] What's their problem?? Now I won't get to read my OSC... hail the Almighty OSC [Hail] !! book!! I have The Red Prophet , but I can't read that until I finish Seventh Son ... *sigh* what I scrambled life I live... [Cry]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikal
Member # 5564

- posted      Profile for Mikal   Email Mikal         Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer. Although in my personal opinion, I think it would have been worth going without OSC for a couple days to get out of school early. But then, if it were me, I would have taken the book out with me in the first place. [Smile]
Posts: 41 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

[Wall Bash] With that last thought, I'm going to kick myself all night. [Big Grin] Even though we didn't necessarily get out early , it did beat sitting in front of a computer taking info-tech. See, that's just my problem. I just don't think...if I had, Seventh Son would be on my desk right now!! [Cry]
Ah well, no use feeling bad for myself, it's not like squinching my eyes shut and wishing really hard will bring the book to...

*runs away to squinch eyes shut and wish really hard*
[Smile]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but if we were let out of school early, and weren't allowed to come back, I would be partying [Party] not complaining [Cry] !
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else crack up everytime they see wieczorek's "Hail the Almighty OSC [Hail] !!?"

And where exactly should that question mark be?

Wieczorek, I'm sorry you have suffered this way. But, I would also have remembered to grab it. [Smile]

[ September 06, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! You'll get your books back in less than 24 hrs! And yes, I crack up when I see it too.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was funny until all the smileys fired up my epilipsey.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Well, I'm going to continue on my endeavor to hail the Almighty OSC [Hail] as I please!! And a few of my friends and I went back up to the school yesterday to get our books. I just finished the Seventh Son, no more than 1/2 an hour ago. It was really great!! But I'm not sure if the Red Prophet is the second book or the fourth, so I can't read it until I know. Hmmm...
[Smile]

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Seventh Son
Red Prophet
Prentice Alvin
Alvin Journeyman
Heartfire

Correct?

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone else crack up everytime they see wieczorek's "Hail the Almighty OSC [Hail] !!?"
I sure as hell did.
[ROFL]

That whole post was hilarious!
wieczorek, you're kind of crazy, right? [Wink]

Take advantage of the school days you get off!

Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.