FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Going to Cincinnati Book signing next week! How far is to far to drive? RU excited?

Author Topic: Going to Cincinnati Book signing next week! How far is to far to drive? RU excited?
JayTaylorWV
Member # 4399

- posted      Profile for JayTaylorWV   Email JayTaylorWV         Edit/Delete Post 
So…. How many books should I bring? Has anyone been to the earlier signings this week? Is he doing a reading? And is the 5 books the first two times and then everything else the third time still his rule?

Let’s see…. I’ve got 30 books or so that could use signed. I’ve got a buddy going with me. So 15 each, three times through the line. Cool.
I’m driving 5 hours, but I’m going to visit some friends for the weekend. Cool!
I can’t wait!

How about this one. The last two book signings I’ve been to I got Scott to say “Wow.. I haven’t seen one of those in a long time.” What do you think would get that reaction the most?

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to check out this link from the other side. There's going to be quite a gathering in Cincinatti.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it looks like many people are going. Infact, I am rather intimidated by it all. I am really shy in person. But, you'll be able to recognize me, because Ill be the one with a complete analog collection of OSC works, wanting to get them all signed! [Smile]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited! But actually kind of nervous as well! [Blushing] Well, it's more like a nervous-anxious-happy-antsy-anticipating nervousness. But really, what is a reasonable amount of books to bring with you to get signed? I wouldn't want to bring a barrage of books and risk overwhelming!!! But if I bring too few then I'll have to wait for a long time to get more signed!!! But then again, you could just drive to the next city in which OSC would be signing and get more signed there. WOW!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
last year, i had many books to sign. So I went to the dayton signing first, and got half of them signed, and then to the cincinnati one the next day, and got the rest signed. It really doesnt take him that long to sign them, he flies through them. He will sign them, or he usually does... Ive never seen him say, sorry man i cant sign all your books.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
wieczorek, you need to meet up with us at the cinci signing, a bunch of us are going, it's going to be so cool. [Smile]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI. Tomorrow is the day! They are starting to hand out line numbers at three. I'm reserving 9 spots with the bookstore coordinatior because a lot of us are coming from far away. Please find us! It will be fun to rub elbows with all the OSC fans!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.