FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Alvin question

Author Topic: Alvin question
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
**SPOILER** I guess.

I'm in the midst of rereading the Tales of Alvin Maker before I get to Crystal City. Alvin Journeyman has a couple points that I'm confused about. I'm reading the paperback British version. On page 59 it says Peggy said she loved Alvin. I'm wondering whether she told this to Alvin, or did he hear it from someone? The is right after he receives her letter at the end of chapter four.

And on page 133 at the beginning of chapter ten, Alvin asked Peggy to marry him? What am I missing?? I figure I either read too quickly and skipped over all these important points, or they happened without informing the reader.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where Peggy said she loved Alvin, but that night her mother was killed, Alvin told her that he loved her and wanted her to come with him to help build Crystal City. I bet, for a young man of that time, that was the marriage propsal. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you're missing anything. You're right, Alvin asked Peggy to marry him, but Peggy never received the time to respond to him because of what happened later (like Kayla said [Wink] ) to her mother. I just started to read Heartfire, so you can assume that I just read Alvin Journeyman (and you'll be correct) [Smile]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.