FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game Update

Author Topic: Ender's Game Update
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Just pointing out that there's an update on the main page now. Doesn't look like much new, unfortunately.

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It's new to anybody who isn't a frequenter of this forum, unlike most of the people who will read this topic.

[ January 06, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
You're obviously still a newbie, Goat. Any good Hatracker has the BFFaAC page as their bookmark, and only looks at the front page as an afterthought.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but I assume any good Hatracker also realizes that everything discussed on that page has already been discussed countless times on the forum.

And I will remain a newbie until either there are 2,500 accounts registered since I did, or I reach 1 year.

[ January 06, 2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diko
Member # 6060

- posted      Profile for Diko           Edit/Delete Post 
All the same news I've read previously, but nice of them to keep us updated nonetheless. [Big Grin]

What really got me excited though was the list of other books/stories by OSC that they might turn into movie form, specifically Pastwatch. Pastwatch is my favorite novel, not only of OSC's, but also of any author. From the list though, I'm guessing most of those are stories of his, and since Pastwatch was in the middle of the list, it makes it sound like there was possibly a story version of Pastwatch as well as a novel. Can someone tell me if that is a correct assumption or not? [Big Grin]

Posts: 24 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sad that Enchantment is not on that list. At the Portland signing, OSC himself said that Enchantment was probably his most "movie makeable" novel. [Frown] I would LOVE it if they made that into a movie.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hazen
Member # 161

- posted      Profile for Hazen   Email Hazen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familliar with "The Lost Prince" and "Malpractice." Are they short stories, new names for some of Card's books, or totally new stories?
Posts: 285 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Diko, look here:

Atlantis

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what Tres, thanks for posting that. I wouldn't have seen it if you didn't post it.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diko
Member # 6060

- posted      Profile for Diko           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks solo! I scanned it quickly (in a rush atm) and it looked like most of it had been included in the book, but I will most definitely go back and read it thoroughly when I have about half an hour or so to spare. [Big Grin]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alby87a
Member # 6082

- posted      Profile for Alby87a   Email Alby87a         Edit/Delete Post 
hi i'm new anyway what's your thoughts on who you think might make the role of Ender in the movie it used to be Jake Lloyd who was anticipated to do it but i don't think so anymore because he's old and the book needs a boy around the 6-12 age range.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
heh

Did you read the article that was linked? The actors will all probably be nobodies, because they will have to be so young they won't have had time to build up a resume.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I did postmark BFFaAC on my computer when I had a computer with no mouse, but I almsot never use that one.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.