FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Tea from an Empty Cup

Author Topic: Tea from an Empty Cup
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope someone in this forum can help me answer this question.

In 1997, OSC co-edited a science fiction anthology called BLACK MIST AND OTHER JAPANESE FUTURES. In it, one novella was Pat Cardigan's "Tea from an Empty Cup". It was a very intriguing story about a girl trying to find her presumed-murdered boyfriend in a very elaborate artificial reality world. I think it was later turned into a full-length novel

Has anyone read this story? Can you explain what the ending was all about? I have read and re-read it, but I'm at a complete loss as to what happened. I think the main character, Yuki, turned out to be one of the boyfriend's AR personalities; she just didn't know it.

If you have any insights, I just can't figure this one out.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, I checked that book out of the library, then lost it. I later found it, but since I had alreay paid the library $20 for the paperback book, I decided to keep it. Yet I still haven't gotten around to reading the book.

Maybe I'll go ahead and read it this week so I can participate intelligently in this conversation.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Sounds like "The Crow" in a bizarre sort of way . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.