FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A question for Kristine

Author Topic: A question for Kristine
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya.

I was wondering, if I buy books from an online bookseller, and use one of the links on this website, do you guys get any kickback from that? See, I am going to buy Maps in a Mirror. I noticed you don't sell it from the Hatrack store directly, but you link to three booksellers. If you guys don't get anything from them, then I'll just buy it locally.

If you do get something, I'll use the links.

Lemme know. Thanks.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent question -- yes, Hatrack gets a little kickback from the purchase anytime someone uses the links from Hatrack to get to Amazon or B&N or Booksense. We use it as a little way to help support the website. In fact, you don't even have to buy the book that the link sends you to. Anything you buy on the site counts -- as long as you got there from Hatrack. So, every little bit helps to keep the site in business [Smile] Thanks for asking! Kristine
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Very weird -- as everyone knows I am NOT A Rat Named Dog -- but it so happens that the computer I am on in the library of our house must have last been used when that cute little rat visited [Smile] This really is Kristine [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, I may pick up a few other things I've been wanting.

Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] What a funny coincidence!
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Wonders if Dog has ever found his mom's account logged in on the library computer and gotten mischievous.>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that you, mooselet?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

There you go, Kristine.

Ordered three books from the link, including Maps. Let it never be said I didn't do my part to keep Hatrack running!

SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, good thing to know because I've been on an online purchasing binge. Now I can satisfy my craving AND subsidize the site too. YAH for consumerism!
Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it only count toward books or anything at amazon.com? I have been considering some major electronics upgrades and amazon is definitely a place I am considering purchasing from.

Heck, you can get practically anything there at a decent price. If all jatraqueros started linking to amazon from hatrack, you could put a kid through college or something.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are swell [Smile] Yes, it applies to anything purchased at Amazon (or any of the other sites we link to) if you enter through our gateway. Just one tiny way to help the website pay for itself. Thanks! Kristine
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, that's great for you guys! From now on all my amazon purchases go through hatrack. In fact, I'm posting this on the other side so more people know...
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This is good to know!!

Erik, you're freaking hilarious. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
"the computer in the library"

This brings some interesting images to mind...

Shelves packed with well-thumbed tomes long since lost to any sort of organization

An old computer shoved on a table packed with old records, magazines and shoe-boxes full of reciepts

Window panes letting in light filtered through tree limbs and old curtains

A well-worn chair covered in blankets surrounded by dog-eared books and empty cups of tea and a bent reading lamp

Maybe a small pull-out couch that still has blankets on it from the last guest

A small writing desk covered in 15 year old tax reciepts and unfinished letters to distant relations

Okay... I'm done brainstorming [Smile]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.