FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » oblivious me...Lost Boys, EG

Author Topic: oblivious me...Lost Boys, EG
Spiralstair
Member # 6190

- posted      Profile for Spiralstair           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been almost a year since I last visited this site. In fact, I can't even remember my old screen name or password. So pardon me if this has already been addressed.

I just recently found out that Brad Silberling's directing an adaptation of Lost Boys. Triggered by this discovery, I checked Wolfgang Petersen's imdb bio, and EG isn't even listed as an announced project yet. Then I find out that EG doesn't even have a director yet. What happened to the Petersen deal? I thought that was already set. But then again, EG isn't listed under OSC's bio either, so maybe imdb's just late on this one, or, as I've heard, nothing substantial is actually sure on the EG movie. Or maybe Petersen's too busy w/Troy.

Also, maybe this is just me, but I don't remember ever hearing anything about a Lost Boys adaptation while all the EG movie developments were all starting to materialize last time I was here (this site). In fact, I don't know anything about the movie at this point. Anybody here actually know what's going on w/that one? I've done searches and I keep getting the old 1987 movie "The Lost Boys," which is NOT what I'm looking for.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think imdb got it wrong. I'm pretty sure this Lost Boys directed by Brad Silberling is the one about the Lost Boys of the Sudan who walked hundreds of miles thru the desert together.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude Love
Member # 2437

- posted      Profile for Dude Love   Email Dude Love         Edit/Delete Post 
Never, ever, never, ever trust the IMDB. No never, ever, never.

Not ever, never never never ever.

Ever.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Never?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude Love
Member # 2437

- posted      Profile for Dude Love   Email Dude Love         Edit/Delete Post 
No, never, ever never. Not ever.

If the movie hasn't been made yet, you can double that.

But they're not a definitive authority. They're a general reference.

I've seen them get the tiles for movies wrong, even when the video cover, which is less than an inch away on the screen, said the right title.

I emailed them on it, and they fixed it.

But that's their problem.

Some random guy like the Dude can tell them their stuff is wrong, and they'll update it like I was Leonard Maltin himself.

Hence the lack of solid info.

So use the IMDB as a general reference, but don't use it as the ultimate authority, especially if you have money riding on it.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Never?
*sings* Well, hardly ever! ♫
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.