FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Xenocide

Author Topic: Xenocide
Crux
Member # 6364

- posted      Profile for Crux   Email Crux         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading Xenocide and am well into children of the mind.
I'm sure that many 'intellectuals' will immediately label me and push me aside in their mind once i share this information, but I will share it regardless.
I make music, more specifically hip-hop. <gets pushed aside in your mind> After reading Xenocide i wrote a quick set of lyrics based on the book. I'm not trying to get in any copyright knots, i'm just trying to show my appreciation to Mr. Card. So i will post those lyrics.

(no profits have been made from said lyrics)

Xenocide

Recover my doctrine
from the lost land of philosophic talking
Mean to meet my topic on a different level
but was not given the chance
Instead i was forced to tiptoe around this and that aesthetics
as if i possesed this philotic connection to ender wiggin
Psuedo Pliskin my predators into believing themselves to be professors
learning from the enemy is the only learning worth yearning for
Ask the papable 'what lost cause are you burning for?'
answered with bandwidth
Just
Another
Nameless
Entity
labeled to make sense of fables
but labels obsure clarity
Obsessive Compulsive Gods committing disloyal acts to royalty
what it boils down to
is who do we arrest the whole lot of?
the pequenino's or the descolada
The little ones have come unglued
on cue with the regretted genetic replica
manufactured by the fraction of a populace
his inner most children all wanted this
to be thrice the threat
Send em all Outside
let those who walk the path, walk it with step
every breathe
without the ramification rituals
still inbedded in the visuals
of wood grain

i know some of it doesn't completely adhere to the book.. but take it for what it is.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crux
Member # 6364

and i was wondering if there was anywhere i could post some sketches i made of the pequininos? I figure all of us visualize them differently... so it would be cool, if we could all post some ideas for them.

I'm just glad that we won't be seeing any piggies in upcoming movies. I can just see some furry Golem with the face of a distorted ardvark. I would cry myself to sleep.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Philoticweb.net has a place to post sketches. On this site I wouldn't know if there is a place...

And intresting lyrics...

Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You should probably check out the Philotic Web, which is more of a "fansite."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
... Jinx.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Another option would be to check out philoticweb.net.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
It's too bad you missed that poetry contest, Crux. I could swear I didn't know what hip hop really is, but could hear your lyrics in my head.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if anyone's mentioned philoticweb.net?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland
Member # 5370

- posted      Profile for Roland           Edit/Delete Post 
Crux,

I really like your lyrics. Please, by all means, post more. What kind of sound did you put with them? While I was reading them, I heard them as somewhat of a harder sound like older Public Enemy, something along those lines. It's good to hear that Xenocide was such an inspiration to you. It is one of my favorites as well.

Hey, maybe you could do a concept album using all the Ender novels (Game and Shadow series) as inspiration?

Keep up the good work.

From one 'fan' to another,
Roland

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crux
Member # 6364

So i uhhh, here that there is a philotic web of some sorts... just a rumor or a wives tale no doubt.

The stuff that i usually record is very gritty. Rough drums, darker. Fits in well with the current underground movement being dominated by the likes of Aesop Rock and Sage Francis. I've got a few songs out and recorded, distribute them locally, nothing big... hell, nothing small. I focus most my time on my artwork though... which i'm starting to question if that is the best path. My Art professors say i should paint for a living. My English prof. says i should get published. My math teacher says i should pay attention or get the hell out of her class. I'm so torn. so many options.

Roland
Member # 5370

- posted      Profile for Roland           Edit/Delete Post 
zap.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

- posted      Profile for Phil Tice   Email Phil Tice         Edit/Delete Post 
Crux,

Math is the devils tool. I hates it I does. Stay away!! Bad mojo!! [Angst]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crux
Member # 6364

Some would argue that God created math.. but he also created lucifer and teenage angsty girls... and look how they turned out.
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

I dunno. I hated Math when I was taking it but now that Ive finished all my credits in Math, I wanna be back in. Everything was always definite in math, whereas English and History (and to a much smaller scale, Science) is sketchy and is more in the eye of the beholder. In Math however 2 bananas plus 2 bananas always equals four bananas.
Admiral Ender
Member # 6414

- posted      Profile for Admiral Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
and 2x+3b=z always equals 2x+3b=z [Smile]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In Math however 2 bananas plus 2 bananas always equals four bananas.
Unless there's a monkey involved.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
My sixth grade math teacher once tried to explain to us that you can't add two elephants and three aligators. I said yes you can, you would have five animals. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant [Big Grin]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.