FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Series?

Author Topic: New Series?
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda curious if there might be something new on the way. Series is probably not a good word, or necessarily a good biz-way to pave the writer's-way for the writer of a writer's make.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel&Leah and Magic Street (Slow Leak).
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel and the Slow Magic?

I'm not thinking "slow" is such a good title verb?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Id rather Card finish the existing series.
Series arent that important to me, its just that the concepts and Ideas that Card relays in all of his books wether singles or series are just amazing. (Worthing Saga, Pastwatch, Enchantment, Treasure Box, LOST BOYS)
On the flipside, if OSC makes me fall in love with a new character (i.e. all his series) i'd love to see a continuation.
I think thats why we all love the shadow seris so much. In fact, the only series I think I didnt fall in love with a character in was the Homecoming series (till the end when I fell in love with Shedemi).

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed Armoth. It's Card's gift to present characters that one can fall in love with. There's not too many choices I make that I don't consider what Ender or Bean might do in that situation.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel otherwise. In general, I don't like the latter books of Card's series as much as the earlier books. I like the first the Alvin books more than the others. I like Speaker for the Dead better than Xenocide or Children of the Mind.

Some of his best stuff, IMO, is one-shot stuff. Enchantment. Pastwatch. Women of Genesis (yeah, I know it's *technically* a series, but it's more like 2 one-shot books [so far]).

So, I would prefer to read completely new stuff instead of sequels.

But then there's the Shadow series, which I love, but is like a spin-off of a spin-off.

I'm not saying that he can do no wrong, but I'll read whatever he writes. [Smile]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.