FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Just a quick question

Author Topic: Just a quick question
boriquajake
Member # 6410

- posted      Profile for boriquajake   Email boriquajake         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I could (hopefully) figure this out with a little patience but I have not the time for that, so I will ask here and hope someone is kind enough to overlook my lack of dilligence. What do people mean when they reference "spoiler"? Does it have something to do with exposing crucial plot sequences for people who have not read the story being discussed?
Posts: 16 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AeroB1033
Member # 6375

- posted      Profile for AeroB1033   Email AeroB1033         Edit/Delete Post 
They're talking about someone 'spoiling' some part of a story for somebody else. Doesn't have to be crucial plot information. Can mean any part of the story.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It is often considered to do it something this:

SPOILERS!!

In Speaker For the Dead, when Ender gets eaten by a giant squid, didn't have have indigestion first? Do you think that his indigestion gave the squid indigestion? That might be why the squid failed to defeat the descoladores.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boriquajake
Member # 6410

- posted      Profile for boriquajake   Email boriquajake         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, folks, I appreciate you having patience with a newbie. While I have got your attention I have another question: how do you quote another post in that neat way with the lines setting it apart and all that? In the other board I have participated in there was a neat little quote icon you used to pull it off but here it doesn't seem to be as obvious.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Just press the Quote button down there when replying. It's next to all those smileys. Then insert the text you want to quote inside the brackets it creates.

[ quote ] Text Here [ /quote ] (Without the spaces inside the brackets)

quote:
Text Here

[ April 04, 2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Kabederlin ]

Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boriquajake
Member # 6410

quote:
Just press the Quote button down there when replying. It's next to all those smileys. Then insert the text you want to quote inside the brackets it creates.

Thanks, you guys rock.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.